These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by deeggo
deeggo wrote:
deeggo wrote:Another example today. This traffic jam was nowhere to be found. I've seen this exact same false traffic jam multiple times before.
uploadfromtaptalk1347610453469.jpg
Location https://world.waze.com/editor/?zoom=3&l ... 6,89632718
This traffic jam is turning up regularly now, also this friday morning. Never is there any real traffic. Any progress on this issue?
Any progress Jonypony? This same faulty traffic jam was there again yesterday afternoon and this morning. In both cases, no real traffic was there. It's a stretch of road that consist of multiple segments, there are crossings and traffic lights in the middle that divide it. This morning it gave one big red traffic jam of 14km/h, which is utter nonsense.
deeggo
Send a message
Global Champ. Country manager Nederland & België
NL: Wiki: hoe label ik een (snel)weg correct?
HTC One M8 | Follow me on Twitter
Join Dropbox, free online file sync! Register through this link and give you and me 250MB extra for free. Thanks!

Post by deeggo
Mine was there again just this afternoon :-(
deeggo
Send a message
Join Dropbox, free online file sync! Register through this link and give you and me 250MB extra for free. Thanks!

Post by deeggo
That's got nothing to do with this. There are no reports here, just roads with colors of traffic jams on them.
deeggo
Send a message

Post by dirgela
Would be fun to know how they gonna fight those false jams, so when we have another series of bugs we know that it is caused by trying to fix this issue :lol: Actually I see not that many of those recently, maybe because the map has improved and there are more parking lots marked, maybe some changes were already quietly implemented.
dirgela
Send a message
iPhone 4S

Post by dirgela
gettingthere wrote: * Jams are not filtered well enough. One Wazer not travelling with the speed of traffic should not be able to create/clear/affect a jam. Either a Wazer who is stopped on the side of the road, a Wazer on a train, a Wazer attempting to make Waze work as a pedestrian, a Wazer on a motorcycle blowing by traffic, or a Wazer in a car pool lane that is snapped to the freeway clearing jams on the freeway.
It would be kind of stupid to have several wazer go through the traffic to show it for the others. When there are enough data to validate the traffic it might be already over :lol: Remember that the purpose should be to avoid the traffic and not to report it, so I'd say better a false positive than a false negative. It is the worst what can happen with the app that claims to let you avoid traffic to see how it happily navigates you through the traffic (I am not even talking about the cases when the road is already marked as having close to zero speed and that is ignored by waze).
The fully automated reports are just a hallucination - for it work there so many "musts" that it will never work (like "enough wazers", "roads with no errors", "routing server working properly" etc.)
dirgela
Send a message
iPhone 4S

Post by dirgela
Since in the question it was not clear if shirlig meant POIs, which are marked in the map or any parking, which is not marked I add this case from today.

Time zone: UTC+3 (summer time)
User name: dirgela
Permalink: https://world.waze.com/cartouche_old/?z ... =151836103

Traffic jam was created by me stopping at the shop.
eisiskiu.png
(108.94 KiB) Downloaded 1180 times
dirgela
Send a message
iPhone 4S

Post by dirgela
It seems from this thread that waze thinks that it is possible to guess if you are in the jam or buying yourself a cup of coffee. How realistic it is I don't know, but theoretically it is possible. For example when you go to the gas station, which is not marked, waze still shows you on the road, but it certainly knows that you are off the road (it keeps your icon on the road for some other reasons). So if you go off the road and your speed gets to zero it could be a good indication that there is something else happening, not the traffic build up.
dirgela
Send a message
iPhone 4S

Post by dmcconachie
calcnerd wrote:I always leave Waze on when in drive thru lines, etc but make sure when Waze says something along the lines of "we detected you've slowed down...are you in traffic?" I always click 'no'. Is this not the solution to that problem?
No, this prevents a manual traffic report but (rightly or wrongly) leaves the potential for an automatically generated one.

via Tapatalk
dmcconachie
Send a message
dmcconachie • Former Global Champ

UK WikiUK FB PageCurrent status

Post by floppyrod84
Have this too. Always on the A299 in Kent, UK. Both directions.
If I'm on it and moving at 70mph, it will report traffic at a lower speed.
Example in pic is on Thursday, time UTC+1 (BST).
uploadfromtaptalk1346060662579.jpg
(43.66 KiB) Downloaded 888 times
I had full gps and data afaik at the time (but maybe not).

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk 2
floppyrod84
Send a message

Post by floppyrod84
Yeah it's not just you. This needs sorted ASAP! I believe it may be due to changes in the data signal.
Waze look into that please, I think I might be right and it'd be a good place to start :-)

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk 2
floppyrod84
Send a message