Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by jm6087
This is most likely related to latest WME Production release. Many scripts are affected by new font.
jm6087  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 21
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by JoeRodriguez12
bcea777 wrote:
I agree with all that you said and maybe most of us in this thread.
But the fact is...we just love that pink-purple triangle that screems: "hey, here's a revcon!" :mrgreen:

Yes, yes, revcons are not a routing problem anymore, but some of us have this OCD about them, and yes, we use them to find newbies as well.
For sure we can develop a new script and so on, but it will not be the same. Just as is not the same since Validator died, yes we now have Magic, but is not the same.

So we're just asking to not eliminate this feature in TB. We aren't asking to add something new. Just leave it the way it has been. That's all :D
I agree but even if Waze says they don't cause routing problems is it really good practice to just leave them all behind? What if something happens in the back end and revcons do become a problem in the future?

I do not know the full story as to what brought up the decision to remove revcons from TB, were people complaining about the feature?

At the very least I would suggest leaving them available until another substitute can be found/made. Both sides have valid arguments, so why not find a good compromise for both sides? :)
JoeRodriguez12
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
US Global Champ: USA
Regional Coordinator: GLR
GLR Collaboration Liaison - Waze Socks Guy
iOS Beta Leader / Alpha Tester

https://a18ed246-a-62cb3a1a-s-sites.goo ... directs=00
Welcome Page Illinois Michigan
Illinois Waze Facebook Illinois Waze Twitter

Post by JohnDoe75
Hello could we get Select all roundabout segments selected by default in settings like it used to be.
I accidentally redid a roundabout by clicking the first icon in the toolbar.
Thanks.
JohnDoe75
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JohnDoe75
Here what I get everytime I start WME (since my cache is trashed)
TB toolbar 1.jpg
(28.45 KiB) Downloaded 856 times
TB toolbar 2.jpg
(42.26 KiB) Downloaded 856 times
TB toolbar 3.jpg
(237.08 KiB) Downloaded 856 times
JohnDoe75
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JohnDoe75
Ckecked and rechecked and it's not like it should be.

Just DL http://portableapps.com/apps/internet/firefox_portable the portable version of FF so you can run the test without using your browser.
Open WME and you'll see that the TB toolbar is missing the Select all roundabout segments icon.

I used an old FF43 with still TB 1.6.8 and it's there. I updated this one with 1.6.9 and it's missing.
JohnDoe75
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JohnDoe75
That's what I'm doing. Like I said, everytime I start FF I have to do the manip.
I'm juste asking why It's not checked by default on my PCs (at work and at home) like it used to be.

I gave you the link to DL the portable version so you can do the test.
JohnDoe75
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JohnDoe75
BellHouse wrote:OK, I think I now see your point. Indeed the "select all roundabout segments" tool is now disabled by default (by accident), when opening Toolbox on a freshly installed browser (or one which does not save history / changes to the browser's local storage). This will be changed in the next release, so that it (by default) behaves as the other roundabout tools.
Thanks
BellHouse wrote:What I still do not understand is why your browser does not save the setting once you have activated the icon in Tb settings. I tried with the portable version, and after activating the icon once, I always have it enabled afterwards (also after browser restart). :?
It does the first time I open FF and set it in the settings but when I go to lunch or shutdown the computer or do updates to the browser ... since it doesn't save history (like I asked it :ugeek: ) the option doesn't stay.
JohnDoe75
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JohnDoe75
Hi all

Could you please fix the default positioning of the toolbar

viewtopic.php?f=819&t=145570&start=460#p1285442

viewtopic.php?f=1316&t=47964&start=1370#p1314448

No offense but you should consider using a portable version of FF and Chrome which would allow you to test TB on a fresh browser with no cache so you can identify immediately problems like this one or the one with uturn option disabled by default.
JohnDoe75
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message