Post by KilCor
breathing wrote:Because of claustrophobia issues, I would like to avoid tunnels. And Waze tends to prefer I use a tunnel when chasing a rought around where I live.

I also would like to avoid the experience of taking the loops in interchanges between highways, like we see in "cloverleaf interchanges".
There’s a specific road that goes mainly through Osceola County, FL called Nova Rd. that is 23 Miles of nothing. Should there be a way to make Waze avoid certain roads you choose for you?
KilCor
Send a message

Post by marba73
There are exceptions, if you navigate using the type of route "the fastest" in their alternatives it may show slower routes than if you choose navigate using "the shortest route".
So I think waze meanning of "the fastest routes" mean "prefer highways". Thus if it's some traffic event, then it will ignore faster routes just because they are shorter. Which is crazy.

See graphic example, note in the shorter routes the green route is faster than the blue route from the faster routes.
WhatsApp Image 2017-03-24 at 10.10.40.jpeg
faster routes
(53.16 KiB) Downloaded 2568 times
WhatsApp Image 2017-03-24 at 10.11.32.jpeg
shortest routes
(53.17 KiB) Downloaded 2517 times
marba73
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by nkjvcjs
I have the same problem. There are 2 roads on my commute to work that back up badly, and I will sit on them watching the eta updates and "traffic is building ahead" notifications come up. If I can tell Waze to avoid Buchanan and Railroad, and just take side roads, my commute is much shorter, but I don't know the side roads well enough to know when to ignore Waze. The route options usually are the 2 roads I want to avoid, and something taking far out of my way.
nkjvcjs
Send a message

Post by trombenik
Me too. I always avoid the George Washington Bridge when heading from NJ to Westchester or New England. I need to say NO WAY!

Also, I need a way to stop Waze from insisting to go back to the "fastest" route after I have deviated BECAUSE I KNOW BETTER. We need a button that says DONT TAKE ME BACK, RECALCULATE.
trombenik
Send a message

Post by wsxedcr
I have similar problems, there are two highway entries that I can get onto, one that is free will take 1 minute longer, and waze will insist me to take the one that cost me $0.5 per trip. I hope I can avoid this highway entry.

It will be the best if there is a dollar/time calculation. So if I am paying $0.5 for saving 1 min, it's not even worth to pay the price.
wsxedcr
Send a message