Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by spookyx
I found a bug. I think when a place has a very long name without any space it will lock the editor and the tab.

Example: add a test place name: BucharestBoutiqueAccommodation
notice NO space!
PlacesName will crash
spookyx
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
[blur]Click here to see my signature[/blur]

Post by taco909
Olestas wrote:Number first please, because it is the main thing. Still, you cannot do anything with name... so it's useless.
It is not useless if you are responding to a UR where someone is looking for "Cookie Max" and the residential place still has that name but is now located a block away.

You can't change it, but you can delete it and re-create the proper point for the store.
This way you don't end up with two different locations with the same name fighting for routing.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
Olestas wrote:I did not see routing work to those residential places. Residential place names are not taken into account.
They are in some cases.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
Olestas wrote:Have example? :D
That's what I was told by one of my L6 local guys.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
Olestas wrote:Irad started using scripts. OMG..
Works for me. Try restarting browser.
I think the validation routine built into the Save function of the newest WME shows that the Waze staff does recognize the value of enhancing the tool set.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
crayzee wrote:Hi ragacs, thank you for your script.
If possible, add option to link between places layer and you script, so if places are enabled your scrip would be enabled also and vice versa.
Not sure what the point would be.
If the script is enabled and the places layer is disabled, the script does not output anything to the screen.
Normally, enabling/disabling a script requires reloading the browser to trigger the change.

I leave Place Names on all the time.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
crayzee wrote:
taco909 wrote:
crayzee wrote:Hi ragacs, thank you for your script.
If possible, add option to link between places layer and you script, so if places are enabled your scrip would be enabled also and vice versa.
Not sure what the point would be.
If the script is enabled and the places layer is disabled, the script does not output anything to the screen.
Normally, enabling/disabling a script requires reloading the browser to trigger the change.

I leave Place Names on all the time.
IMHO, the map is too noisy when the script is enabled and it in zoom level 0 or 1.
I usually enabling only when then the map is zoomed in.
As I suggested, it would be an option.
I get that completely, but if you are asking that the script enable/disable through toggling the Places layer, it already does that.
Turn off the places layer and then change your zoom or shift the screen enough to force a map redraw and everything is clear.

I run with the script enabled 24/7, but I only enable the places layer when needed.

Unless you are asking that the script "hijack" the Places layer selection and use it to enable/disable itself but to leave the actual Places layer open.
I would not be in favor of this... even without the Placenames popup, there are a lot of times that area places get in the way of the aerials and segments.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
Great idea.
While URO+ can be configured not to display PURs that we can't edit, I think Placenames is probably more commonly used by newer editors.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by Thortok2000
Replying to subscribe. Looks useful!
Thortok2000
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

[img]https:///tdL1sG[/img][img]https:///ubk1Zx[/img]
Area Manager of Greenville, SC! ^_^

Post by Thortok2000
I think the best thing (if possible) is to force a redraw when the places layer is turned off, automatically. That would accomplish what he's asking, I think.
Thortok2000
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

[img]https:///tdL1sG[/img][img]https:///ubk1Zx[/img]
Area Manager of Greenville, SC! ^_^