Post by AlanOfTheBerg
LaukinisBriedis wrote:Ctrl+C doesn't work anywhere. I cann't copy text and have to use mouse copy any text
I am not seeing this. Can you do a video snap of this happening? I tried copying text from general display on the left panel, in text fields, the permalink field, etc.

You didn't assign Ctrl+c to a shortcut did you?
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
trivia211 wrote:I understand. I think it would be useful to show the finish flag at the actual location of the venue, so Wazers could see where to go after parking their cars.
Please feel free to post a suggestion in the app forum. :geek:
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by atrophicshiner
Some great new features, thanks.

I especially like that the County now corrects itself when you input a City name. Bravo :D
atrophicshiner
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Answers: 8
Send a message
- Chris - (Catching up with the Ia{i}ns one Chris at a time)

https://cottagepi.uk/proud-wazer.gifhttps://cottagepi.uk/pirate.pnghttps://cottagepi.uk/Beta_app.pnghttps://cottagepi.uk/tolls.pnghttps://cottagepi.uk/Iain.png
UK Local Champ would you believe
AM the Middle bit of England
Usability | Simplicity | Retention

Post by cnor_il
MapSir wrote:Hi Guys!

We've just released a new WME version to production.

What's inside:
* Translations uploaded
* Closed MP's and UR's don't pop-up - FIXED
* Clicking a PUR doesn't open it - FIXED
* Entry points for Venues! - Now you can set an entry point for place points, and residential places.
* HOSPITAL_MEDICAL_CARE place category removed
* New confirmation message when creating a new city through place editing

Thanks to the Beta Pirates community for attacking these bugs and issues!
Hi
Why this
RussPA wrote: There is also a new place merge feature. A new PP created next to an existing PP (the new PP must have the same name and category) will create a PUR to merge into the existing PP
.Did not Appears in the
Announcment?
cnor_il
Send a message
קנור - מתנדב בקהילת עורכי המפה
Cnor - A volunteer in the Israeli community of Waze map editors
https://s.waze.tools/c5s.pngהודעה ראשונה בפורום הנחיות להוספת מקום כללים לפתיחת בקשות עדכון בפורום עדכון מפה

Post by dspille
One thing I've noticed about the new stop point for PPs feature is that once the stop point has been moved independent of the PP, it appears the two will always be separated and can no longer be moved together. Not a huge deal, but I was wondering if there was a way for the two to be rejoined.

The other thing is with the new feature, you will no longer be able to see at a glance the stop point placement of multiple PPs, like at a shopping center or mall. You will now need to click each PP individually to see if the stop point is where it should be. Again, not a huge deal, but it might require some more effort on the editor's part to see that stops points are where they should be. Perhaps someone could create a script that could allow editors to see stop points for multiple PPs, or perhaps an indicator that the stop point is no longer in the same position as the PP.

Overall, I think this is a very nice new feature for WME.
dspille
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by DwarfLord
It needs to be mentioned, I believe, that the new "Entry Point" (i.e. stop point) feature for Point Places has a severe downside: it's now impossible to tell at a glance which Point Places will route incorrectly.

I have corrected hundreds of Point Places in the past simply by noticing questionable placements while I happened to be scanning an area. Now I have to click on every Point Place to verify correct entry/stop points; that's not a good use of energy, and it's no fun either. From a maintenance and verification standpoint, honestly I liked it better the way it was.

Within the volunteer community, as well as within Waze itself, there is enthusiasm for taking maximum advantage of new features and an expectation that long-term map maintenance and verification will take care of itself. That's an understandable perspective, but I worry it doesn't give enough weight to the ever-increasing volunteer workload that's resulted from some recent features. Granted our volunteer scripts are amazing and go a long way towards compensating for these issues, but they can never be more than band-aids on what Waze provides. Not to mention Waze's regular habit of ripping those band-aids off.

I've heard that Waze is concerned that action alerts in some areas are appearing faster than local editors are dealing with them. If Waze wants to improve volunteer productivity, it needs to take into account volunteer efficiency!

I hope future releases can address these maintenance & verification issues.
DwarfLord
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Send a message

Post by enhket
The entry point is the best of the list :!:
enhket
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/6/6b/W ... _0M_6c.png
Christopher C. Enhket
Languages: Español, English, Français, Português.
Coordinator, Beta editor/Editing expert, Campeón.
Communities established: 8

Post by Grid64
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
abc1357 wrote:Doesn't this mean that both a Stop Point for an Area Place and a Entry Point for a Place Point and Residential Place Point performs the same function? If so, can we not name them the same - either Stop Point or Entry Point? Naming them differently brings to mind that these two perform different functions.
They should be named the same. MapSir has used the name probably because that is what the devs call it. For now, we would call it a Stop Point. (In the future, Places will have multiple navigation points, and probably can be designated entry and/or exit points.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Now that is something I am wanting to see soon!
Grid64
Map Editor - level 3
Map Editor - level 3
Send a message

Post by itzwolf
Stomtape wrote:Hi,I think there is a bug while changing places of Area type, the Save button is not updated according to changes (not get a red count number at all) and can not save the changes....
(I tried different changes - geometry, adding a street, the problem is always the same)
There was an issue with the closest segment script causing the save button to not update but another change would trigger a change. JustinS83 fixed it this morning. Make sure if you are running that script its the fixed version 1.0.3.0. May not be the issue but something similar so worth verifying.
itzwolf
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JustinS83
cnor_il wrote:
RussPA wrote: There is also a new place merge feature. A new PP created next to an existing PP (the new PP must have the same name and category) will create a PUR to merge into the existing PP
.Did not Appears in the
Announcment?
This isn't new in this release - it has been in production for months (since at least March), although it would have been nice to get a release note for it when it was released. Just be careful doing anything with the duplicate...if you delete the duplicate instead of accepting/rejecting the PUR the original Place gets deleted as well.
JustinS83  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message