Post by RussPA
There is also a new place merge feature. A new PP created next to an existing PP (the new PP must have the same name and category) will create a PUR to merge into the existing PP.
RussPA
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 4
Send a message

Assistant Regional Coordinator - NOR
Global Champ - US
WME Beta Community Coordinator

Post by RussPA
Nothing really changed as far as HN and RPP, except that now the RPP stop point can be moved around. There is no conversion from HN to RPP or anything.
RussPA
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 4
Send a message

Assistant Regional Coordinator - NOR
Global Champ - US
WME Beta Community Coordinator

Post by SeveriorumPatrem
I really like the separation of the PP/RPP location and navigation endpoint. Huge. Thanks for this, HQ.
SeveriorumPatrem
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by Stomtape
Hi,I think there is a bug while changing places of Area type, the Save button is not updated according to changes (not get a red count number at all) and can not save the changes....
(I tried different changes - geometry, adding a street, the problem is always the same)
Stomtape
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message
Stomtape
מנהל ארצי ומנהל איזורים אשדוד וכרמיאל

Post by Stomtape
itzwolf wrote:
There was an issue with the closest segment script causing the save button to not update but another change would trigger a change. JustinS83 fixed it this morning. Make sure if you are running that script its the fixed version 1.0.3.0. May not be the issue but something similar so worth verifying.
Solved.
you helped me a lot,
Thank you .
Stomtape
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message
Stomtape
מנהל ארצי ומנהל איזורים אשדוד וכרמיאל

Post by tonestertm
The non-dashed line in Alan's images comes from a script. Not part of the new WME feature.
tonestertm
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message
https://dl.dropbox.com/s/y7f2gsiomkpxbe6/CA_SM_Rocket_Shear_Alpha_50.png?dl=0
ARC for SW Region, USA
Global Champ, US Local Champ
The best editors Read the Wiki and read it often. Learn the proper way to handle URs. Don't draw another Place until you read this!

Post by trivia211
Edit.
Ok, I basically wanted to +1 this :) Would be really useful!
petervdveen wrote: Because you would want the finish flag on the building, but the navigation point on the road.
-------------------------------------------
MapSir wrote:* Entry points for Venues! - Now you can set an entry point for place points, and residential places.
Can you explain this feature? How is setting an entry point different from replacing the venue in previous versions of the WME? What does the position of the place itself represent?

When I first saw this, I thought there would be two positions associated with a place:
(1) the actual position (entry) of the place, and
(2) a navigation point.
The "finish bubble" could be shown at the actual position of the place and navigation could end at the navigation point. This way Wazers could easily find the place even if the recommended navigation point differs from the physical position of the place.
trivia211
Map Editor - level 3
Map Editor - level 3
Send a message
Last edited by trivia211 on Wed May 24, 2017 1:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post by trivia211
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
trivia211 wrote:Can you explain this feature? How is setting an entry point different from replacing the venue in previous versions of the WME? What does the position of the place itself represent
Some locations have the point place, if put directly on the building, closer to a "wrong" segment. For example, a fast food, where the building center is closer to the drive-through rather than the front entry. Until now, we have to nudge the point place closer to the desired stop point:

(non-dashed line connecting PP to nearest segment is a script, not a core WME feature)
2017-05-24_10-27-55.png
Now, we can keep the point place right where it should be, but adjust the stop point, very similar to what we do with Area Places:
2017-05-24_10-25-46.png
I'm not saying map all the drive-throughs, but this is only an example. You can find lots of similar situations without looking too far or hard.
Thanks, however that doesn't explain my original question: What does the position of the point place represent? I would expect to see the finish flag at the position of the place, while the end of the route at the position of the "entry point". As abc1357 pointed out, it seems that only the position of the entry point matters when navigating to a point place, and the position of the place itself is ignored. So this is why I don't see the function of two different positions associated with a place.
trivia211
Map Editor - level 3
Map Editor - level 3
Send a message

Post by trivia211
AlanOfTheBerg wrote: MapSir answered this from an functionality POV. From a mapping standpoint, we want to represent the actual business locations correctly. However, when that location doesn't result in a good navigation or end-point result, we had no choice but to make the map more inaccurate by moving the Point Place to the segment we desired to end navigation at. That is not ideal. Now, we can leave the business marker where it should be, and still end navigation where it should be.
I understand. I think it would be useful to show the finish flag at the actual location of the venue, so Wazers could see where to go after parking their cars.
trivia211
Map Editor - level 3
Map Editor - level 3
Send a message

Post by vince1612
Kartografer wrote:Place updates for RPPs only show at zoom 5+. Is this a bug?
Yes, it has been reported to staff in March this year, they communicated the issue to devs already but we've had no updates since.
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
https://storage.googleapis.com/wazeoped ... v18.10.png
Wiki & Forum: Wiki CH (D)(FR) | Forum CH (D) (FR) (I)
1+1=3 - The result of bringing talents together goes beyond simply adding them up.
https://i.ibb.co/2k1TJHH/RIPIain.png