[Script] WME Validator 2020.10.25 (PLACES BETA)

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, Glodenox, JustinS83

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] WME Validator 1.0.3 / 04.08.2014

Postby taco909 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:39 am

sketch wrote:
Taco909 wrote:
PesachZ wrote:All the U-turns and unconfirmed turn highlighting has been removed. Thank you.

This is a big step in the right direction.

We have an issue remaining that is unrelated to Validator:
WME will still react to the "Q" command on these end nodes, whether the command comes from a stripped editor or JNF. While the editor would have no reason to use the command, JNF can apply an unintended "fix" to the termination node. I'm sure there are a few scripts floating around that were written by editors for their own use... these can still pose problems.

bgodette is currently working on the JNF update. The way WME handles connections is undergoing some big changes soon, so it's a big update.

Awesome.
I really wish we still had the ability to at least view the status of the end nodes, but I am assuming that once all of the WME fixes are in place, Waze is going to run a global script to set and lock the end nodes, and any newly created or moved nodes will be compliant.
I guess the only concern after that is if there is a "T" junction at the end with the u-turn disabled, and the cross street is disconnected, that the u-turn automatically enable. But as you said, it's a big update. I'm sure they are thinking of all of the little possibilities.
-- Rich
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4

Re: [Script] WME Validator 1.0.3 / 04.08.2014

Postby taco909 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:46 pm

berestovskyy wrote:
Taco909 wrote:It will appear and disappear at various zoom levels and change as the map is panned, and in some cases display blue on a wide view, then change to yellow or even red when zoomed in.

All your links look fine to me. Validator does not run slow checks on low zoom levels AND it re-checks segments once WME loads in more data (i.e. when you pan or zoom in).

I suggest to use zoom level 4+ to make sure everything is loaded and all checks are available.

This update is working much more consistently. I don't know what the issue was before but it was really frustrating with highlights appearing and then going away or changing color as the zoom level changed. The reports seemed to be pretty consistent, though occasionally something would be picked up on a 2nd or 3rd report run that was missed before.

But nothing is perfect, and even with a glitch here and there, it is WAY better than nothing and is a very powerful and useful tool.

Thanks for your work on this script.
-- Rich
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4

Re: [Script] WME Validator 1.0.4 / 24.08.2014

Postby taco909 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:50 pm

Okay, I'm not sure if this belongs in Validator or if it is a WME bug.

With the week's changes, my first custom highlight is now nul elevation (and when I clear it, it comes back on next reload)
That's fine, I can live with it... but it seems that for the most part, I only see it after I've edited a segment... such as after deleting a connected segment or unneeded junction node.
For the unneeded junction node I would expect the purple highlight to take precedence, but I'm seeing others that were not highlighted before a save and pop up green after saving.
In one case, after a save, a street two segments removed from any editing popped up nul.

At first I thought I still had highlighter set to display recent edits, but confirmed that it was not set.

They are legitimately nul elevation, but I have not yet been able to confirm whether or not they were nul before the edit-save operation.
-- Rich
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4

Postby taco909 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:01 pm

crazycaveman wrote:
Taco909 wrote:Okay, I'm not sure if this belongs in Validator or if it is a WME bug.

With the week's changes, my first custom highlight is now nul elevation (and when I clear it, it comes back on next reload)
That's fine, I can live with it... but it seems that for the most part, I only see it after I've edited a segment... such as after deleting a connected segment or unneeded junction node.
For the unneeded junction node I would expect the purple highlight to take precedence, but I'm seeing others that were not highlighted before a save and pop up green after saving.
In one case, after a save, a street two segments removed from any editing popped up nul.

At first I thought I still had highlighter set to display recent edits, but confirmed that it was not set.

They are legitimately nul elevation, but I have not yet been able to confirm whether or not they were nul before the edit-save operation.

There is a known issue in WME itself where edited segments will not show an elevation as set, but if you wait a second or two and refresh the roads, it will fix itself. Add for custom highlighting, that always takes precedence over other highlights

Okay, so how do I shut this custom highlight off?
I did not create it, it appeard after the last update.
I've deleted it and it comes back.
I've reset to defaults and it clears but comes back.
-- Rich
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4

Postby taco909 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:02 pm

falco_sparverius wrote:Thanks for the reply, berestovskyy.

The more I pick at this area, the more I suspect something else is at play.

Please be aware that some apparent overlaps and spurious geonodes were placed intentionally for TTS wayfinding assistance.
It is not uncommon for a junction to have a 90 degree turn, but the geonode is placed so closely that it appears to be a shallower angle. These are intentional to force a "Turn ____" instruction rather than "Stay to the ____"

Likewise, there may be some cases where it is desired to execute the turn instruction early, but to overlay the departing segment onto the feeder segment for a short distance.

It would be very difficult for a script to detect overlaps that do not share the same endpoints, if for no other reason that without sharing the same endpoints, the most careful editor in the world would have trouble overlaying a new sgment on an existing segment pixel-for-pixel without the script throwing a false-positive on many intentional layouts.
-- Rich
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4

Postby taco909 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:35 am

Is there a custom code that can be used to highlight gas stations that are saved as "point" instead of "area"?
-- Rich
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4

Postby taco909 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:25 pm

I was primarily speaking hypothetically, but as far as segments adjacent to other segments, I was responding to what appeared to be a request to show an error when two segments overlap without a common junction or turn.
Yes, two segments directly on top of each other is hard to edit and should generally not be done, but at what point would we want that to be flagged as an error?

If we make it only a few pixels, it would probably suffice, but there may be missed cases where an editor overlayed a segment but one or two geonodes pulled it out of that range.

If we make it far enough that a typical at-grade connector or ramp would not be flagged, we may then encounter false-positives, and the risk with incorporating that into Validator is that an inexperienced editor working from the Validator report may "correct" the issue... and those issues where something like that was done intentionally are also the cases where even an editor of moderate experience may not find the reason.

It goes back to editorial discipline. If I'm not sure why something was done, I'll look at who created it and who was the last to edit (which of course with FC, doesn't always mean much) and fire off a PM or email.
-- Rich
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4

Postby taco909 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:38 pm

PesachZ wrote:Such intricate edits deserve to locked to prevent 'fixing'. If I ever (and it's rare) make an intentionally overlapping segment, I all my RC to lock it at rank 6.

Good point, though on something like that I would generally only lock it to my level and test operation on the map and on the road... and every now and then I'll encounter an L3 where I think "An L3 did this?"

I do think it would be helpful if L3 and higher editors were allowed to lock their work at higher levels to help reduce the workload of the local champs.
-- Rich
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4

Re: [Script] WME Validator 1.1.1 / 30.08.2014

Postby taco909 » Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:43 pm

PesachZ wrote:
roadtechie wrote:Maybe this has been brought up before. But, I would love for validator to flag any cameras that are in states that do not allow cameras. I live in Indiana which does not allow any cameras at all in the state except for toll booth enforcement. If Validator would flag all of the cameras it would make my daily deletion of cameras a LOT easier!

Are the cameras you are deleting being confirmed by other editors, or just reported?

Besides if all cameras are illegal isn't the presence of the icons enough of a 'flag', unless you are looking for a list of cameras in a report.

Like me, probably tired of seeing the clutter on the map, but not wanting to turn the layer off because inevitably some well-meaning and misinformed editor WILL approve the things.

Supposedly, they drop from the map after 30 days, but I've seen some just outside of my editable area hang around longer than that, OR they are being reported regularly.

And speed cameras are not legal in California... yet to look at the map you'd think we were on "Persons of Interest"
Illegal camera types should not even appear in the app through the localization.

Thankfully, the combination of URO+ allowing cameras to display at Zoom-1 and 2 and the invalid mass camera deleter script makes life easier.
https://greasyfork.org/scripts/2377-wme ... ass-eraser
-- Rich
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4

Re: [Script] WME Validator 1.1.1 / 30.08.2014

Postby taco909 » Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:36 am

True true... easy to forget that this isn't the Toolbox thread ;)
The two work together so well for the most part.
-- Rich
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts