[Script] WME Validator 2020.10.25 (PLACES BETA)

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, Glodenox, JustinS83

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] WME Validator 1.1.1 / 30.08.2014

Postby taco909 » Sat Sep 06, 2014 5:25 am

SuperDave1426 wrote:
Taco909 wrote:Thankfully, the combination of URO+ allowing cameras to display at Zoom-1 and 2 and the invalid mass camera deleter script makes life easier.
https://greasyfork.org/scripts/2377-wme ... ass-eraser

How do you set URO+ to adjust how far out cameras show up? I can't seem to find a setting for that...

There's no setting... it does it automatically.

It is a bit "iffy" in that if you have your browser zoom level set to allow for a larger editor view, it won't reliably display at the wider angles.
-- Rich
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4

Postby taco909 » Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:22 am

Twister-UK wrote:
Taco909 wrote:
SuperDave1426 wrote:How do you set URO+ to adjust how far out cameras show up? I can't seem to find a setting for that...

There's no setting... it does it automatically.

Something might be doing it automatically, but it isn't URO+...

I started getting cams wider than Zoom-3 when I installed it.
-- Rich
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4

Postby taco909 » Sat Sep 06, 2014 6:33 pm

I only get them at 0 if they were already visible at 3 and I zoom out. If I pan around the map, new ones don't appear at 0.

I'll see if I can find the thread where I complained about them only being visible at 3+ and the suggestion.
-- Rich
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4

Postby taco909 » Sat Sep 06, 2014 6:36 pm

Confirmed... it's JNF, but not at "0"... just "1" or higher.
-- Rich
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4

Postby taco909 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:30 am

Looks like the latest Toolbox may have broken Validator.
I loaded Firefox and decided to run a report to pick up the Revcons that we couldn't see the last couple of weeks.
It began the auto-scan but only got through one or two tile sets before locking up.

I moved to Chrome and it scanned fine at zoom-0, then I realized that I had not forced the Toolbox update.
After updating, I ran another report and the same thing happened.
I've tried this all the way down to Zoom-4 and it'll scan the first tile set, then lock up on the 2nd set.

When running in normal mode, it of course does not report the Toolbox Revcon error... which is why I wanted to run the report. I like it picking up Toolbox errors.

Strange because another local editor is running without a problem, but mine consistently "broke" after the Toolbox update.
-- Rich
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4

Postby taco909 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:02 pm

mikenit wrote:then staff is run the search/replace "service road" by street type. So, the change may be transparent, without need to search, manually edit, and change this type in WME.

Until the URs start coming in because roads that are currently penalized will become routable.

Most "service roads" that I have encountered should be classified as PLR, Private, Walking Trail, Dirt/4x4... or not even mapped. They are generally behind locked gates and never available for the public to drive on.
-- Rich
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4

Postby taco909 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:06 pm

That is a Chrome memory management problem, Validator just makes it happen more quickly.
Even without Validator running, constantly opening and closing new tabs (like from URO+ links) would cause Chrome to slow to a crawl and crash after working 15 or 20 URs.

On detecting Revcons, it used to, but has not yet been updated to reflect the new changes in WME.
Toolbox does now pick up on them so Validator is redundant, however, Validator does NOT report Revcons identified by Toolbox in the report the way it used to, so they have to be manually searched for.
-- Rich
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4

Postby taco909 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:31 am

PesachZ wrote:Node A on this segment is being flagged as not needed, even though it is there to show a legitimate turn restriction. The map is actually accurate as is, but the node is being flagged by validator.

This is a 2-way road segment with a barrier in the middle only allowing eastbound through traffic, however it is still a 2 way road on either side of the barrier. Westbound traffic is restricted through this junction.

I have not been getting Validator flags for the "red" highlights since the WME dustup a few weeks ago that "broke" many of the scripts.

I am not getting highlights, or entries in the reports, for no inbound connection, no outbound connection, and of course, revcon. All I've been seeing is extraneuous nodes and "no connection".

For your situation, would it not be appropriate to add a 5m one-way segment?
-- Rich
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4

Postby taco909 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:39 pm

PesachZ wrote:Adding an extraneous segment would stop the validator flag, but That adds two nodes instead of one into the database. I think Validator should compare segment properties across a junction, an not deem it unnecessary if it is separating two segments which different properties, (i.e. lock levels, elevation, name, alt name, type), as well as any turn restrictions including allowed u-turns.

I don't think turn restrictions were ever enough to avoid a flag... in fact, it would result in a "red" inbound/outbound connectivity warning flag rather than the "blue" extra node flag.
The connectivity flag could be avoided by the addition of the one-way segment and enabling the u-turn.

I thought that lock level was enough to avoid the extra node flag. Elevation and name are unless something changed on elevation lately.

Edit: Just verified, elevation is enough to avoid the flag. Lock is not.
Last edited by taco909 on Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-- Rich
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4

Postby taco909 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:01 pm

PesachZ wrote:The red flag would be expected, the blue unneeded flag I'm asking to be fixed so it considers turn restrictions and allowed U-turns
Lock level didn't do it for me here

Make sense, though I don't like leaving the red flag if there is a legitimate way to clear it, if only to prevent a new editor working from a Validator script from opening the restriction (which would then show the blue alert, so he then deletes the node)

That's why I brought up the one-way segment. It avoids both alerts (if the u-turn is set) at the small cost of the time penalty for the one extra junction (and this situation is likely going to be on a small street that we probably don't want to encourage detour route-through anyway).

I've been using the one-way segment to make private driveways on gated communities exit-only. It avoids routing non-residents into the closed gate, once inside, the gates typically open automatically to allow exit, and residents with an opener or code will know they can use the gate and can ignore Waze directing them to the guard shack.

Simply having a turn restriction on a single node should cause any editor to do a double-take. First look (in your case) shows a high ranking editor name, but that could be assumed to be from FC. A more experienced editor would move in closer on SV and notice the lack of UR to confirm... the one-way segment would provide a flag to a less experienced editor that says "This is not a mistake, I did this for a reason"

It would be very helpful if WME were to include a comment field on junction and segment ID database entries. If that were done, then Validator could include the comment in the report page on any alert.
-- Rich
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts