Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.
Post by AlanOfTheBerg
harling wrote:.. today's police force would not countenance that sort of malfeasance.
Sir, you've exceeded the allowed average syllables per word in that sentence. :lol:
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
khoward633 wrote:I'd like to see some indicator (maybe an arrow) on the direction other wazers on my screen are traveling (or really have already traveled).
Would likely require a modification to the TOS/legal/privacy gibberish, but could be possible. Although, a wazer's speed, points and rank aren't currently correct either, so ....
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
egenerose wrote:I would like to see ability to post Hazard or Police for opposite direction. This would help other Wazers out and make this app even better.
You can post it for the opposite direction, but the feature, generally, just doesn't work when it comes to notifications. Waze knows about it.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
mercedesE63 wrote:Also I'd like to see a button for a quick flip to a panned back version of the map oriented N to S that has highways/streets color coded according to their flow/traffic level. Kind of like you have now, but it's so zoomed in and it's hard to zoom out and maintain orientation while driving. It helps me to make decisions earlier whether or not to take certain routes.
Isn't that the entire point of Waze's automated traffic avoidance based on segment traffic based on current conditions and historical data?
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
ryryryry87 wrote:how about a way to search for POI only on your route? My garmin had this feature and it was great (but the POI were very outdated sometimes!)
Add a Stop already does this, though it seems to concentrate on around where you are now and the destination, and not so much some of the interim locations. That feature just needs some adjusting, but in general it does appear to work.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
bez513 wrote:This is a simple one, probably asked, but can you put the road your on at the bottom of your screen?
In landscape mode, this would become problematic. Add in the nav bar and the destination bar and you've got like 10% space left for seeing the actual map.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Kuhlkatz wrote:
AndyPoms wrote:If you tap and hold you can then save your current location as a favorite...
I personally hate this idea.
Tap and hold with your finger covering any side of 2 or 3 city blocks is about to as effective as trying to shoot a fly at 100m while just loosely aiming down the barrel of the gun, especially since you cannot move the pin that's placed.
Is your finger 2/3 the screen width? :D You can zoom in enough to select a specific point along a standard city block.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
xteejx wrote:Can't you just delete and make a new one?
Sure, but editing an existing favorite to change pin location or heck, how bout just the name!, would be so much easier.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Jarpee28 wrote:I would like to see the ability to add favorites just based on your location at that time. So you don't have to put in an address.
I guess two threads is better than one? nope. The answer is still the same though.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
danohi wrote:I would like to see the ability to have an option to draft a map problem, saving until later when you're stopped someplace, and finishing the draft. Would be able to put more details into the map problem that you could not via a voice recording while driving.
I've been leaving myself a reminder using voice commands (Siri on ios ) which I then use to later add a map problem from livemap. Then I or other editor can solve it.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message