Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by SuperDave1426
Ok, something I notice here.... The "Web Search" button is show for me on a place, but the "Place Website" (or whatever it was call) button (that opens up another window/tab with the URL in the Website field) seems to be gone. Was this an accident (I hope)?
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by SuperDave1426
Well, I'm in the production editor, there's a website URL in the Website field, and the button isn't appearing for me....

So I'm kinda at a loss for why it's not showing up for me. This is just one example for me today. None of the Places I've edited today have showing the Open Website button.

Edit: Ok, nevermind. I was being blind. It looks like Open Website isn't next to Web Search anymore, and I just didn't notice it 'cause it wasn't where I was expecting to see it. :lol: :oops: 8-)
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message
Last edited by SuperDave1426 on Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by SuperDave1426
Yeah, you just beat me to it. I edited my posting to reflect that. Could have sworn that Open Website was up there next to Web Search, etc. Was it, and I'm just being extra thick today? Or did it actually get relocated to where it is now from where I thought it was?
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by SuperDave1426
lol - Yes yes, I got that. :D That wasn't my question. Has it always been that way (and I'm just being extra dense), or did it in fact move from where I thought it was (next to Web Search) to that current location? I'm getting that I was blind on its current location; I just could have sworn that it used to be up near the Web Search button.

Edit: Ah, ok. Now I don't feel quite so bad about missing it. I tend to get pretty tunnel-visioned, and when something isn't where I'm expecting it to be, I can miss it in the new location completely for a while. See the current example. :D

Thanks.
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by SuperDave1426
t0cableguy wrote: In the long run this is a bad idea. Deep linking into a website only proves to create more work in the future. Those deep links can be broken with the bright idea of a single engineer/manager requesting the reconfiguration of a website, and then you have hundreds of broken links on the map, with no easy way to find them. We have provisions in the script to allow direct links to specific locations. If they aren't included PNH will send the error that the script isn't matching.
For a really long time now, I've always strived to make the link as useful to the end user, who touches the link in the app; if that can take someone directly to the page for a location (like to make the reservation at a hotel, etc., without having to touch a bunch of links and type on on their phone where they want to stay), then I'd take the time to figure out where the page was and link to that. Yes, WMEPH will complain about that, but at least I can whitelist or just ignore it if I choose to do so.

I do see your point though - if someone "in charge" of the website for a company/hotel/etc. decides to overhaul how the site works, then yeah, the link provided to the app would be broken. Personally, I don't see that being a very likely scenario; usually once a company gets everything working the way they want, they're not going to spend money for a major overhaul without a pretty good reason. But the odds of a change, while low, aren't zero.
I've also stated that "bugs" like this be submitted to the Issues page on github, which is linked in the OP. To expect the Dev's of the script to dig deep into this forum post and fix an issue without it being evident is a lot to expect, when we have given the ability to report bugs to anyone. Simple issues that can be fixed through sheets should not be reported in the issues, but bugs that are globally applied should definitely be reported on github, and if you have the ability to code, you can provide a push and we'll gladly look into including it.
I probably missed that request somewhere in the original posting, or in a subsequent posting within this thread. Sorry about that, though I don't have a GitHub account (haven't really wanted one since I don't write code currently and you don't need an account to download). I looked at that issues page that you linked to, and I see that you added an issue requesting that it not strip index.html from the end of a URL. Because as evidenced from the example that I provided, there are web servers out there that aren't properly configured to automatically search for "index.*" when a page isn't given at the end of a URL.

One thing that I have noticed about web servers with that problem is that if you add the trailing / at the end, it will, in fact, find the index.* page as it should. So, maybe you could modify the request so that if it strips a trailing index.{anything}, that it provides a / at the end? That way, the badly-configured web server will know that the final part of a given URL is a directory name and not a file name, and will then search that directory for an index page.

I verified that it works at the example page that I supplied. While

Code: Select all

hiltongardeninn3.hilton.com/en/hotels/nevada/hilton-garden-inn-elko-EKOEHGI
results in an error page, using

Code: Select all

hiltongardeninn3.hilton.com/en/hotels/nevada/hilton-garden-inn-elko-EKOEHGI/
causes it to search for an index page (and automatically adds that to the address bar).

Just a thought, anyway.
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by SuperDave1426
Assuming you mean what I think you mean, that's been happening to me for a while now. I'll update a place, save, and the place is still selected. Clicking nearby on the map doesn't de-select it. I have to click the place again and then it will deselect.
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message
Last edited by SuperDave1426 on Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by SuperDave1426
Has there been a recent update to this? 'Cause when I click on a place, I'm seeing this:

Which just doesn't look right to me. :) Also, places have stopped being color highlighted as I pan around (and yes, I checked to make sure that option was turned on).

Using Chrome. Tampermonkey says it's version 1.2.17
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by SuperDave1426
JoshJMM wrote:I see it on mine, but it's most likely WME Fix UI or WME Place Interface Enhancements causing that. Probably WME Fix UI.
I'm using WME Fix UI as well, and I suspected that, too. But I disabled it and this problem is still happening. Not sure why a disabled plugin would be able to continue impact WMEPH.... :?:

Edit: I even went so far as to completely remove WME Fix UI, and I'm still seeing the problem I reported here with WMEPH.... :shock:
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by SuperDave1426
Wow, this is flipping bizarre - I've turned off everything except Tampermonkey and WMEPH within that -- even other scripts not related to WME in any way -- and I'm still getting that weird squish at the top of the WMEPH panel..... :?

I'll try deleting WMEPH completely and reinstalling.....

Edit: Well, I'm now completely at a loss. Completely removed WMEPH, reinstalled it (and yeah, I've done that with WMEFU too), and I'm still having that problem..... Weirdest damned thing...
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by SuperDave1426
Well, I hope it gets figured out and fixed soon. I've gotten quite fond of (most of) the WMEPH features.

I tried firing up WME Beta just to see how it would behave over on that side. Strangely enough, I can't even get WMEPH to run on that side. The button to "Run WMEPH" is visible, but when I click it, nothing happens. So I can't verify what the interface looks like on the Beta side from my end.
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message