Post by foxitrot
Additionally, this morning the statistical graphs started to deliver the more-or-less usual values :?
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
...with the good old crashing :roll: Symbian 2.1.99.114 (on N-E52), while
trying to get used to the good new asocial Android 4.xx.0.yyy (on OP-X March-me-Low).

Post by foxitrot
MReiser4670 wrote: Either way, these numbers are basically double what they were less than a month ago, and 4x what we were seeing 9 months back.
Over the past year and half, we were observing a steady rise of active wazers here (Czech and Slovak republics). When omitting occasional breaks in the source data, including the recent two months, the climbing rate seems to keep its steepness, or at least the last known level, even while we have holidays with much less wazing users. London, Roma, Riga, Paris, Madrid... as well, maybe one third to half more than some five months ago.

I can imagine that US, with their higher penetration rate, could be observing similarly higher rise of the user base.
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
trying to get used to the good new asocial Android 4.xx.0.yyy (on OP-X March-me-Low).

Post by foxitrot
Zathris wrote:Though one congested corridor I saw was difficult to read due to all tue wazers and traffic jam reports in the area.
It is anytime possible to selectively hide any of them. But it is not possible to show them, if the system is not willing to cooperate.
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by fvwazing
gettingthere wrote:I still can't understand why the number of active Wazers does not correspond more closely with the number of editors. LA and Orange county seem to be in dire need or more active map editors.
That is due to the statistical insignificance of map-editors. Given any population of 1.000 wazers, there might be 1(one) mapeditor lurking among them, or not.
fvwazing
Send a message
Waze jezelf!
600K+ edits
AM for some 25.000 km² around Maastricht, the Netherlands
iPhone 3Gs / iOS 6.0.1

Post by fvwazing
All these anecdotes.... none of you ever thought of compiling a table, an overview, a running total?
fvwazing
Send a message
Waze jezelf!
600K+ edits
iPhone 3Gs / iOS 6.0.1

Post by fvwazing
I wonder too... something similar was promised for Europe and never happened!
fvwazing
Send a message
Waze jezelf!
600K+ edits
iPhone 3Gs / iOS 6.0.1

Post by fvwazing
That is not the same - iirc it counts up to 40(?) wazers in a limited area by simulating a client.
fvwazing
Send a message
Waze jezelf!
600K+ edits
iPhone 3Gs / iOS 6.0.1

Post by fvwazing
That is not rush-hour, gerben! Right now, 1300h, I count 25 in Rotterdam alone. But sometimes it IS depressing - and given the very good state of maps around here I can only blame the - at times - wacky performance of Waze.
fvwazing
Send a message
Waze jezelf!
600K+ edits
iPhone 3Gs / iOS 6.0.1

Post by fvwazing
I think the default is lower than that, and for an estimation it is necessary to move and zoom a lot. Can't wait to see stats in INTL as well!
fvwazing
Send a message
Waze jezelf!
600K+ edits
iPhone 3Gs / iOS 6.0.1

Post by fvwazing
Yup, 2400pts put you in rank 14000. Do the math...
fvwazing
Send a message
Waze jezelf!
600K+ edits
iPhone 3Gs / iOS 6.0.1