Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by jcnina
JustinS83 wrote:
Arnoniem wrote:Ian, I have the WME FU "red squares" active/visible, so I'm pretty sure it's not that, although the behaviour is similar. It's all over the screen/map.
I've never seen anything like this before and cannot reproduce. > 1600 installs and you are the first one to report something along these lines so I'd say it's probably a unique setup that is causing this. Have you checked the console for red errors that might be related to this script?
I have this script installed but disabled
I think "red square" is related to script WME Fix UI
If I disable it, it disappears
jcnina
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
jcnina
José Carlos Nina
URUGUAY

Post by jm6087
Love the added button, the HN number is populating but the street name and city do not for some reason. Am I missing something?
jm6087  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 21
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by jm6087
steveinark wrote:It populates the full name, and full address here, when drawing and saving the PLA. If they exist in the place point.
I think I figured it out, it is not getting street name and city from the place, it appears to be getting from nearest segment. I tested by selecting just the city in the below screen shot and HN and City only populated.

I have not tested on a place with no street name or city to see if it still populates.
jm6087  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by jm6087
Thanks for the clarification. I can confirm that these must be checked in order for it to pull the Street Name and City from the Place.

If they are not checked, the Street Name and City are left blank.
jm6087  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by jm6087
JustinS83 wrote:Had problems reproducing...until I realized I had already fixed this and just forgot to push the update

Should be fixed now
Thanks, I was beginning to think it was just me
jm6087  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by jm6087
SeveriorumPatrem wrote:Request: When making a new PLA, is it possible to have the Primary Lot Type set to "Restricted"?

IMO this should be the Waze default setting, as the massive majority of parking lots are privately owned and provided for access to certain businesses. True public lots are not very common, but if you leave this option unselected, those PLAs display in the app as public (blue "P").
Additional requests: When making a PLA for a new PLA that is for a single business, it would be nice to copy the URL, Phone Number and Hours from the existing place if they exist.
jm6087  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by jm6087
JustinS83 wrote:Update released - 0.8.03

New PLAs will copy the phone number & url from the selected Place. The parking type will be set to Restricted by default.
Outstanding, this will make working the PLAs that much easier :D

Maybe you can have it also draw the PLA around the correct parking lot while you are at it :lol: One can dream
jm6087  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by jm6087
Just curious if copying the hours across is under consideration or is it even possible.
jm6087  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by jm6087
sketch wrote:Also, I'm really not sure copying the phone number and URL are necessary or even desirable. It's another set of data to maintain, and data that if you need you'll get from the Place itself.
I am quickly changing my opinion on phone/URL and hours from PP. I am still on the fence for the hours since these are dedicated PLAs for a single business and you make a valid point.
The phone/URL now actually makes no sense to me to include based off of conversations I have followed and I would not be disappointed if they stopped copying over.
jm6087  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ