The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by enhket
gdu1971 wrote:Bonsoir,
Un script pas si nouveau car il remplace le fameux WME Extended tools que je me suis appliqué à réecrire suite au nouvel éditeur qui l'a rendu quasi inutilisable.
Le script reprend pour l'instant les fonctionalités du précédent à l'exception de la fonction "allow all drives" très controversée et pour laquelle j'attend un consensus avant de la réintroduire.
Je remercie particulièrement les différentes personnes qui ont bien voulu jouer le jeu de tester le script et qui ont permit d'atteindre un niveau de fiabilité apparement acceptable.
Ce script permet ce qu l'on appelle des "éditions de masse", comme il est dans ses premières versions et que la majorités des fonctions ont été réecrites à partir de zéro, merci de faire bien attention aux changements que vous allez effectuer sur la carte et de vérifier les modifications avant de sauvegarder.

WME-Addons V0.40
Chrome : http://wme-addons.googlecode.com/svn/br ... addons.crx
Firefox : http://wme-addons.googlecode.com/svn/br ... it.user.js

Translation :

This is a new script which replaces WME Extended tools as it was not working. WME-Addons keeps the same "WME-Extended-Tools" features except "allow all drives" (waiting for approval).
I would like to thank everyone who helped me to test and develop an accurate version. It was writen from scratch, so bugs are expected.
As you may know, this script enables you to do mass edits so be careful when using this script, and don't forget to check before saving! Thank you.
enhket
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/6/6b/W ... _0M_6c.png
Christopher C. Enhket
Languages: Español, English, Français, Português.
Coordinator, Beta editor/Editing expert, Campeón.
Communities established: 8

Post by foxitrot
Would it be possible to add one more column, which would display the segments' "Alt. names:" row (as it is being displayed in WME editor, a.k.a. the Cartouche's concatenated list of the "Alt street:" names)?
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
...with the good old crashing :roll: Symbian 2.1.99.114 (on N-E52), while
trying to get used to the good new asocial Android 4.xx.0.yyy (on OP-X March-me-Low).

Post by foxitrot
bmitch3020 wrote:
foxitrot wrote:Would it be possible to add one more column, which would display the segments' "Alt. names:" row (as it is being displayed in WME editor, a.k.a. the Cartouche's concatenated list of the "Alt street:" names)?
You're asking to be able to display this in the "segment list", correct? [...] This may be a relatively easy change since the data should be in the cache to view. Out of curiosity, I'll take a look through the javascript to see if this looks doable.
Exactly, this would be enough. My intention was not to modify it (I hope the editor will, at some point in time (Cartouche retirement), finally be capable doing this correctly, and not simply drop the "Alt names:" capability).
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
trying to get used to the good new asocial Android 4.xx.0.yyy (on OP-X March-me-Low).

foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by foxitrot
I've checked the Snap distance functionality (an old wish of many editors I believe, thanks!) and I suppose it should be limited to non-negative values (even under +2 the snap effect is not observable anymore, below zero it has no logical sense at all).

Possibly it would be enough to modify the decrementing expression (end of line 1619 in rev. 115)? Like

Code: Select all

*** 1619 ****
--- 1619 ----
-    { toleranceField.text(--tolerance); }
+    { toleranceField.text(tolerance > 0 ? --tolerance : tolerance); }
(Please interpret it as a C code, I'm not sure whether it is written equally in JS. Additionally it is no true patch as you can see, just a code snippet.)
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by foxitrot
DGlanem wrote:I want to use the "Street to River" - Button ... but I don't see it :?:
Wrong thread - StR uses its own plugin. You can try to download and install it again.
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by foxitrot
alcolo47 wrote:
mapcat wrote:OK, tried it in FF. It seems that it's designed to remove all turn restrictions from the viewing area. This is not a good idea at all!
Only on non-locked and non-roundabout segments .

This tools is designed to clean up no-Wazer-land.
If you edit a region alredy edited, don't use.
But it could still behave (more) deterministically, like touching just selected segments, or these listed in the Segment list (whereas there already multiple ways, how to choose these segments).
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by foxitrot
The enlarged editing area is an excellent goodie. There is just one issue with the Full screen enlargement.
  • If the left Properties pane is open while pressing Full screen, the editing area is maximized and the most of the Properties pane gets lost out of the browser's left hand border and can not be controlled (with its open/close arrow) anymore.
  • If the Properties pane is closed while pressing Full screen, the pane's open/close arrow is still visible and pressing it controls also the editing area width. The Properties pane keeps visible.
In the first case, the editing area should be immediately narrowed a bit too.
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by foxitrot
Thanks for the Toll column!

I'd like to ask for adding the following "Open In >" code to 1.5.4:

Code: Select all

*** 1694 ****
function COpenInMapyCZ() {
  var mapLoc = getCoord();
  var z = 10 + mapLoc.zoom;
  var href = "http://www.mapy.cz/#x="+mapLoc.lon+"&y="+mapLoc.lat+"&z="+z+"&t=s";
  window.open(href);
}

*** 2030 ****
        // .append($("<li>").append("Mapy.cz").click(function() {
          // new COpenInMapyCZ();
        // }))

foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by foxitrot
alcolo47 wrote:
foxitrot wrote:I'd like to ask for adding the following "Open In > MapyCZ" code to 1.5.4:
Has Waze have rights to use mapy.cz ?
There was problem of right with the open in google map.
Aah, that's a good question. I knew that Czech users used it, so I'll ask them to investigate and let you know.
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message