[Script] WMEMagic

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, JustinS83, Glodenox

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] WMEMagic

Postby dspille » Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:20 pm

CopyCatGuy wrote:What does it mean on a duplicate Google place about Joining a PLA with an Area Place? I have a school and a parking lot both labeled with the Google link. Should I not have the google link on the parking lot, or should I combine the lot with the school and overlap the area places?

If I am understanding your question, you generally should not have the same Google place linked to both the area place (school) and the PLA. If the Google link is for the school, it should only be on the place for the school, not the PLA. In most cases, there will not be a Google link for PLAs, unless there is already a parking lot already set up in Google that could be linked.

I'm not sure what they mean by joining the places. Perhaps someone can explain what is meant by that.

[ img ]
Thanks,
dspille
Country Manager, Multi-State Manager - South Central Region

SCR Wiki
[ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ]
dspille
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby carloslaso » Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:23 pm

Jefresongil wrote:What to consider as a place address? City name or street name? If it's the name of the street, this one did not show. Does being linked to google camouflaged?

A place with no address is when you receive a Place Update and the user did not include info:
[ img ]
[ img ]

If the place is outside a city and the street has no name, it should be like this:
[ img ]

Is that (Orange) check you are talking about?
[ img ][ img ]
Coordinador de Comunidad en México / Foro MX / Waze Status
Supervisor Noroeste México

iPhone XS Max / iOS 13ß / Waze ß 4.x
carloslaso
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby CopyCatGuy » Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:41 pm

It seems to really be confused on railroads, too.

Magic TODO:
segment 502249679
Non-Drivable 2 Drivable
Time 2 time Waze routing server breakes and sends Wazer to a non-driving semgnts. You should never connect driving and non-driving segments
CopyCatGuy

Postby phoenixhawke » Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:58 pm

Looks to have potential, and love that it's not locked to a single code editor that could disappear for whatever reason.

One thing I'd like to see is some fine tuning on what is flagged. For instance, for SLs in my area we haven't yet gotten around to populating SLs on local streets and I'm not terribly concerned about them. I'm a little more concerned about PS, and am very concerned about mH+ not having SL. It would be nice to be able to narrow down what is highlighted. This is just an example, similar fine tuning could be useful for other options
PhoenixHawke R5 IN State Manager
phoenixhawke

Postby phoenixhawke » Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:58 pm

Looks to have potential, and love that it's not locked to a single code editor that could disappear for whatever reason.

One thing I'd like to see is some fine tuning on what is flagged. For instance, for SLs in my area we haven't yet gotten around to populating SLs on local streets and I'm not terribly concerned about them. I'm a little more concerned about PS, and am very concerned about mH+ not having SL. It would be nice to be able to narrow down what is highlighted. This is just an example, similar fine tuning could be useful for other options
PhoenixHawke R5 IN State Manager
phoenixhawke

Postby dspille » Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:18 am

Not sure if this is operator error or not, but I'm seeing roundabouts of all road types flagged as "Segment not protected", even when locked to their appropriate level. I'm even seeing local street roundabouts flagged.

Thanks again for an amazing script!
Thanks,
dspille
Country Manager, Multi-State Manager - South Central Region

SCR Wiki
[ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ]
dspille
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby jm6087 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:33 am

dspille wrote:Not sure if this is operator error or not, but I'm seeing roundabouts of all road types flagged as "Segment not protected", even when locked to their appropriate level. I'm even seeing local street roundabouts flagged.

I am seeing this as well, not sure if it is a localization issue or a bug.
jm6087
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Postby carloslaso » Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:36 am

jm6087 wrote:
dspille wrote:Not sure if this is operator error or not, but I'm seeing roundabouts of all road types flagged as "Segment not protected", even when locked to their appropriate level. I'm even seeing local street roundabouts flagged.

I am seeing this as well, not sure if it is a localization issue or a bug.

This is where you should tell your RC/SMs to contact dbcm to fine tune what is/isn't flagged by the script, I disabled some of those checks in my country. Many of the rules on this script need to be localized and linked to Wazeopedia.
[ img ][ img ]
Coordinador de Comunidad en México / Foro MX / Waze Status
Supervisor Noroeste México

iPhone XS Max / iOS 13ß / Waze ß 4.x
carloslaso
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby turbomkt » Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:55 am

Will the tool tip on save get more refined detail? Or maybe we can get an option to turn off the tool tip?
Attachments
Magic.PNG
(14.84 KiB) Downloaded 457 times
turbomkt
State Manager
State Manager

Postby LennyNRPD » Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:34 am

Excellent work! Thank you for putting so much work into this and creating a great script!
LennyNRPD
State Manager
State Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts