[Script] WME Validator 2020.04.12 (PLACES BETA)

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, Glodenox, JustinS83

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] WME Validator 1.1.6 / 06.01.2015

Postby taco909 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:24 am

serega_12 wrote:
taco909 wrote:It showed up on mine a few minutes ago.

Is there a limit to how much will show on a report? I've been disabling house numbers, one-ways, and a few other items before running Validator scans because the comment "And more" at the bottom makes me think I'm not seeing some things.

I usually just keep the original window open and in the same position while I fix everything on the list. Then re-run it in the same position. That should make everything show up. However, there were times when there were only two things on the list and it still says "and more..." that's when good ol' manual pan and zoom come in.

Keep in mind that not everything on the list needs to be fixed... depending on how you have Highlighter and Toolbox set.
I generally disable one-way in Highlighter and leave Toll checked, because 90% of the time, if a segment shows up as toll AND I have editing rights to it, it is not a valid flag.
-- Rich
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4

Postby taco909 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:24 am

serega_12 wrote:
taco909 wrote:Keep in mind that not everything on the list needs to be fixed... depending on how you have Highlighter and Toolbox set.
I generally disable one-way in Highlighter and leave Toll checked, because 90% of the time, if a segment shows up as toll AND I have editing rights to it, it is not a valid flag.

When you say Highlighter, do you actually mean WME Highlighter or the Validator? Since both of them do highlights, correct?

WME Highlighter.
Validator, AFAIK, does not report on unknown direction
-- Rich
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4

Postby taco909 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:11 pm

Just because something is highlighted does not mean there is a problem with it.

I have not seen the error you are referring to in either TB or Validator.
What I have been getting in Validator is segments showing red and indicating they have no connection at one end or the other if one end is not on the screen, but it's intermittent.

Keep in mind that with all of the changes being made to WME, it is a challenge for the script writers to keep up and keep the scripts running cleanly.
If this whole process could be automated and handled by a script, we would not need editors.
-- Rich
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4

Postby taco909 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:09 pm

Validator works fine on Zoom-0 for me. It self-zooms and self-pans the map at a level where it can see streets.
-- Rich
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4

Postby taco909 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:15 pm

Looks like Validator might be broken in production WME.

Edit: Looks to be working now.
-- Rich
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4

Postby taco909 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:41 pm

Validator will not flag "no connection" when the elevations are different.
The change in elevation is used on the wayfinding "stub to nowhere" both to make WME route properly and to make Validator happy.

Validator USED TO flag "no inward connectivity of a driveable road" until WME was change with respect to how it handled junction vs segment information. When that happened (last July?) we lost a number of Validator features including its ability to detect RevCons. Toolbox still detects them, but for some reason Validator does not import that particular flag into its generated report.

Personally, I would not be unhappy if Validator would report on no connection at different elevations... not that it is always a problem, but I would like to have the visibility to review them.
-- Rich
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4

Postby taco909 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:31 am

BugLaden wrote:There is a U-turn in this segment on node B. I've tried using

Template: ${Uturn}
RegExp: /1/

But it's not picking it up. What should I be using?

The changes made to WME last August or September "broke" the junction functionality of both Validator and Toolbox. Toolbox has "recovered" but when Validator was repaired it only picked up on unconfirmed turns.
-- Rich
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4

Re: [Script] WME Validator 1.1.7 / 06.03.2015

Postby taco909 » Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:49 am

A problem with a large area is there is a limit to the number of segments that can be scanned and loaded onto the results page.

Have you tried reducing your browser zoom level to display more map area?
-- Rich
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4

Re: [Script] WME Validator 1.1.8 / 07.05.2015

Postby taco909 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:53 pm

Smesh1337 wrote:I'm having trouble with a custom check. An editor has gone on a spree in my area, adding u-turns all over the place. I'm trying to locate them and remove them, so I though a custom check would be perfect for this job. Using the custom check examples it's listed as an easy one, so I'm really not sure what I'm doing wrong :oops:

Validator lost the ability to look at turn related information with one of the WME revisions last summer when turn setting information was moved from the segment properties to the junction node properties.
When this happened, we lost Validator flags for RevCons and inward/outward connectivity.

Toolbox has options to display u-turns and RevCons using icons on the map.
For normal editing, Toolbox and WMECH cover most of the lost functionality, the only problem is that the Validator Report page does not pick up flags from Toobox, only WMECH, and WMECH seems to only pick up unconfirmed turns.
-- Rich
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4

Re: [Script] WME Validator 1.1.8 / 07.05.2015

Postby taco909 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:55 am

Bill473 wrote:First, let me say this is an incredibly useful tool.

Second...

Is there a reason there isn't a check for "one-way street with dead-end"? I can't think how this ever wouldn't indicate a problem of some sort. A friend believes this check used to be be present but doesn't know why it would have been removed.

"No inbound/outbound connectivity of a driveable segment"
That was one of the things we lost with the WME update last August.

And there are quite a number of situations where a dead-end one-way is desired. These are generally "stubs" that are added to force turn instructions where BC would otherwise result in no instruction.
They are not intended to be driven on, they are only there to force instructions. Making them one-way ensures that the routing server won't route someone up and down one.

Generally, such stubs are locked high, so L1/2/3 editors won't see the flag in Validator as long as they are using the default setting to not scan non-editable segments.
-- Rich
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts