Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by SuperDave1426
crazycaveman wrote:If you look at the top left (just below the yellow bar), you'll see that the Validator text is greyed out, indicating that it is turned off/not highlighting on the map. When the text is black, Validator is turned on and highlighting as you pan
Ah, ok. I never knew that was a toggle. :-) I just tried clicking it and found out. Thanks!

--Dave
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by SuperDave1426
I'm probably missing something here.... :-) What exactly is the problem that the date fix script fixes, and is it really necessary for the proper/better functioning of other scripts?

Thanks for any info!
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by SuperDave1426
I've said it before, and I'll say it again: This is exactly why putting some arbitrary expire date into an addon is a really really really BAD idea. Tampermonkey, Chrome, whatever will automatically update to the latest version when it's released, so there's absolutely no good reason for putting in a date "to make sure people update to the latest version and don't just keep using an old one." :(
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by SuperDave1426
ali_zali wrote:my version is 1.1.20 and it is says it is out of date and should be upgrade
how?
Try reading the last several few messages posted in this thread.... :roll: ;)

Edit: Ninja'd! :D
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by SuperDave1426
Glad to see this back, and open sourced at last! :D

Question: Since it's in the Chrome Store for Chrome users, have you provided other maintainers access to that? No offense, but you did disappear for a rather long time. ;) I'd like to be sure that changes still get published, even if you fall off the face of the Earth again. 8-)
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by SuperDave1426
JustinS83 wrote: Validator was deleted by GF because it is obfuscated and minified.
Not sure what "minified" means, but this begs the question: If it's been taken Open Source, then why is it being obfuscated and minified? That seems to kinda run contrary to the whole idea of Open Source.... :? :?:
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by SuperDave1426
Heh. I looked up "minified" after posting that, because I was curious as to what it meant. Thanks, though, I do appreciate the link. :)

And thanks for the rest of that information. So I guess what happened was Greasyfork did what they did before this change to the Open Source model (and is no longer complied), which would no longer trigger such an action on their part. Do I understand that correctly?

Since I use Chrome, I'm using the version that you uploaded to the Chrome Store (when there's a "native" browser version available of an extension, I tend to prefer that since it doesn't have to go through an intermediary like Tampermonkey in order to run; I figure a few less CPU cycles that way).

And yeah, it's really good to have Validator back. I agree with others here who have said that Magic is awesome, but those reporting features of Validator are really nice, and were really missed.

So again, welcome back! :D
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by SuperDave1426
Any chance that the check for "segment has no speed limit" can be made a little more fine-tuned? :) AGCs aren't supposed to have speed limits on them, which fair enough, it doesn't have any way of knowing that's what a given segment is. But roundabouts aren't supposed to have them either in 99% of all cases, so it's kind-of annoying to have a roundabout lighting up blue when there's actually nothing wrong with it.... ;)
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by SuperDave1426
iangpowell wrote:Click play, and it tells me "starting! layers are off to scan faster", and then nothing. It doesn't strictly crash, as I can still click around, and pause/stop, but no report appears and nothing else happens.
Yup, I can confirm this behavior as well. I've got Fix Map Objects installed, so at least it does its thing while I'm editing. But doing a scan to get a report goes nowhere.
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by SuperMedic
Is there a way to provide an access function that returns an array or object of all of the segments that have been found?
I.e.
[{id:345346,lat:-72.4948583,lon:36.2849201},...]
SuperMedic
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z9o3d03yu2fnq ... l.png?dl=1
Hampton Roads, Virginia (Suffolk AM)
WazeVirginia Slack Invite | Login
VA Google+ Group
Validator Localization - Virginia
ScriptKit (now allows sending unlocks requests to Slack)