Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

[Script] WMEMagic

Post by dbcm
Community, i present you WMEMagic.

I've been developing this tool for a while, specially to speedup my day-2-day and help the Portuguese community. After some events related to other tools, the path of this project changed a little bit.

So, after being tested by some of you, i feel it's OK enough to share with the community.

Please bear in mind that this is a work in progress and be positive when posting feedback. My soon™ is relative. Talk with your local community, probably one of the guys already knows Magic and can help you on the details.

This is the homepage for the tool. There you can find how to install it.
https://waze.xpto.org/magic/

https://waze.xpto.org/magic/shot2.png

/* ---------- */

Something you are looking for is coming. Something .... magic.

Will update this thread this weekend with more info.

dbcm
Coordinators
Coordinators

POSTER_ID:190125

Send a message
Last edited by dbcm on Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
It's so Magic™ | Y U N0 W0RK? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post by crazycaveman
Since so many people seem to have trouble installing the script initially, would it be possible to also provide a zipped version of the script that can be loaded via the utility within TamperMonkey? Might make it easier for first time installs, you'll just have to be sure to include the downloadURL in the script headers. Don't know if that will help with the parse errors, but I imagine it would
crazycaveman
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message

Post by crazycaveman
Another way to get WME Magic set up for those who have trouble loading it from the dbcm's site: follow this link to my GitHub page which will install just the header for the script with version 0.0.0. You will then need to check for userscript updates, which should download the full version
crazycaveman
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message

Post by CreekOfJohn
Grimace780 wrote:What is meant by "roundabout as a roller coaster" under "you should check this"?
Different segments of the roundabout have different elevations. Typically, roundabouts are flat.
CreekOfJohn
Coordinators
Coordinators
Answers: 1
Send a message

Post by DangerDaneDK
Danish editor here. I have the same problem with Magic, it shows no counts for boxes ticked. WME Colour Speeds doesn't show any colours for roads without speeds so its more than one script thats affected.
DangerDaneDK
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
Flemming J., Denmark
Area Manager: Region of Southern Denmark / Region Syddanmark
Phone: Samsung Galaxy S9+ SM-G965F, Android 8.0 Waze: Newest

https://s.waze.tools/s0025.pnghttps://s.waze.tools/c3s.png

Post by darossi1982
jdtech4u wrote:I had problems installing it also. After some recommendations from Discord chat I opened the .js script that downloaded with Notepad. I "select all" the body of the document, created a new script in TamperMonkey and pasted the contents from the Notepad Document and saved it. The script ran fine after that.
is working. tk
darossi1982
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message

Post by DaveGood46
Hi,

Just wondering if this is working in the UK at the minute, was working recently but doesn't seem to be for me at the moment. Thanks
DaveGood46
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by davst
Is this Script currently broken? with it as the only script active apart from Toolbox is endlessly spams my console with 100,000s of "WMEmagic not ready! W8ing a sec..."
davst
Send a message

Post by dbcm
juliansean wrote:Just to clarify localizations aren't included yet for US states and regions? Something we have to work around but at least there's some place to start!
Magic is by default in english, if find something misspelled or wrong, please let us know.

About other languages, please read this part:
https://profundos.org/waze/magic/#contrib

We are, as we write, translating to spanish, french and german.

Thanks for your feedback.
dbcm
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by dbcm
jangliss wrote:...
> Obviously echoing everybody's statement of thanks, to both you and any contributors. As a tweaker of code myself, I can't imagine this whole project would have been easy at all, so thanks!

Thanks!

> Again, as a tweaker of code, I'd love to offer some help in any way possible. I suspect you'll want to keep the keys to the kingdom (code) close to your chest for now, and I'm good with that, so I don't mind helping out in other ways, like working on building out the region specific configs, as well as getting a better understanding of how the plugins work so we can work on those.

Thanks for your time, please read this:
https://profundos.org/waze/magic/#contrib

> Looking forward to seeing how this grows to an even more amazing tool :)

\o/
dbcm
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message