[Script] WME Validator v2020.11.1 (PLACES BETA)

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, Glodenox, JustinS83

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] WME Validator 1.1.5 / 06.01.2015

Postby taco909 » Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:17 pm

berestovskyy wrote:06.01.2015 v1.1.5:
- Temporary disabled #36, 37 (Unneded node A/B)

????

Is this because of the false reports on normal segments, or is there some other reason for that?
I find these all the time when new editors have decided that their new PLR perhaps wasn't the best idea.
-- Rich
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
 
Posts: 2230
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2014 4:05 am
Location: Los Angeles Area
Has thanked: 716 times
Been thanked: 646 times

Re: [Script] WME Validator 1.1.5 / 06.01.2015

Postby taco909 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:57 pm

BellHouse wrote:
taco909 wrote:
berestovskyy wrote:06.01.2015 v1.1.5:
- Temporary disabled #36, 37 (Unneded node A/B)

????

Is this because of the false reports on normal segments, or is there some other reason for that?
I find these all the time when new editors have decided that their new PLR perhaps wasn't the best idea.

I guess so. If I now enable these checks there are a lot more false positives than before.

I did notice that it was beginning to show up in the actual reports, where before they would show on screen but not appear when a report scan was run.
After the last WME update, it seemed that this was happening when only one node appeared on screen when following the PL in the report.
-- Rich
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
 
Posts: 2230
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2014 4:05 am
Location: Los Angeles Area
Has thanked: 716 times
Been thanked: 646 times

Re: [Script] WME Validator 1.1.6 / 06.01.2015

Postby taco909 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:13 am

MGODLEW wrote:REQUEST:I would like to request the capability for validator to report one way roads that are connected only by 1 junction. 99% of the time these roads are obviously not a one way if there is only one way onto them.

Thanks.
We used to have this with the "No inward/outward connectivity of a driveable road" warning flag.
We lost it with the WME update back in July or August that "broke" JNF and Toolbox.
-- Rich
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
 
Posts: 2230
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2014 4:05 am
Location: Los Angeles Area
Has thanked: 716 times
Been thanked: 646 times

Re: [Script] WME Validator 1.1.6 / 06.01.2015

Postby taco909 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:27 am

serega_12 wrote:Running Validator scan doesn't show "undetermined road direction" anymore. Is there a way to get that back somehow or did I turn something off without realizing it?

Check Highlights... it should still work.
-- Rich
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
 
Posts: 2230
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2014 4:05 am
Location: Los Angeles Area
Has thanked: 716 times
Been thanked: 646 times

Re: [Script] WME Validator 1.1.6 / 06.01.2015

Postby taco909 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:30 am

serega_12 wrote:
taco909 wrote:
serega_12 wrote:Running Validator scan doesn't show "undetermined road direction" anymore. Is there a way to get that back somehow or did I turn something off without realizing it?

Check Highlights... it should still work.

Oh that's the thing, Validator still highlights them, is just when I click on the "report", it reports other issues but doesn't have the category for unknown road direction anymore. When I look around the map they're still highlighted. Not sure what changed as it worked just fine a few days ago...

It showed up on mine a few minutes ago.

Is there a limit to how much will show on a report? I've been disabling house numbers, one-ways, and a few other items before running Validator scans because the comment "And more" at the bottom makes me think I'm not seeing some things.
-- Rich
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
 
Posts: 2230
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2014 4:05 am
Location: Los Angeles Area
Has thanked: 716 times
Been thanked: 646 times

Re: [Script] WME Validator 1.1.6 / 06.01.2015

Postby taco909 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:24 am

serega_12 wrote:
taco909 wrote:It showed up on mine a few minutes ago.

Is there a limit to how much will show on a report? I've been disabling house numbers, one-ways, and a few other items before running Validator scans because the comment "And more" at the bottom makes me think I'm not seeing some things.

I usually just keep the original window open and in the same position while I fix everything on the list. Then re-run it in the same position. That should make everything show up. However, there were times when there were only two things on the list and it still says "and more..." that's when good ol' manual pan and zoom come in.

Keep in mind that not everything on the list needs to be fixed... depending on how you have Highlighter and Toolbox set.
I generally disable one-way in Highlighter and leave Toll checked, because 90% of the time, if a segment shows up as toll AND I have editing rights to it, it is not a valid flag.
-- Rich
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
 
Posts: 2230
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2014 4:05 am
Location: Los Angeles Area
Has thanked: 716 times
Been thanked: 646 times

Re: [Script] WME Validator 1.1.6 / 06.01.2015

Postby taco909 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:24 am

serega_12 wrote:
taco909 wrote:Keep in mind that not everything on the list needs to be fixed... depending on how you have Highlighter and Toolbox set.
I generally disable one-way in Highlighter and leave Toll checked, because 90% of the time, if a segment shows up as toll AND I have editing rights to it, it is not a valid flag.

When you say Highlighter, do you actually mean WME Highlighter or the Validator? Since both of them do highlights, correct?

WME Highlighter.
Validator, AFAIK, does not report on unknown direction
-- Rich
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
 
Posts: 2230
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2014 4:05 am
Location: Los Angeles Area
Has thanked: 716 times
Been thanked: 646 times

Re: [Script] WME Validator 1.1.6 / 06.01.2015

Postby taco909 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:11 pm

Just because something is highlighted does not mean there is a problem with it.

I have not seen the error you are referring to in either TB or Validator.
What I have been getting in Validator is segments showing red and indicating they have no connection at one end or the other if one end is not on the screen, but it's intermittent.

Keep in mind that with all of the changes being made to WME, it is a challenge for the script writers to keep up and keep the scripts running cleanly.
If this whole process could be automated and handled by a script, we would not need editors.
-- Rich
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
 
Posts: 2230
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2014 4:05 am
Location: Los Angeles Area
Has thanked: 716 times
Been thanked: 646 times

Re: [Script] WME Validator 1.1.6 / 06.01.2015

Postby taco909 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:09 pm

Validator works fine on Zoom-0 for me. It self-zooms and self-pans the map at a level where it can see streets.
-- Rich
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
 
Posts: 2230
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2014 4:05 am
Location: Los Angeles Area
Has thanked: 716 times
Been thanked: 646 times

Re: [Script] WME Validator 1.1.6 / 06.01.2015

Postby taco909 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:15 pm

Looks like Validator might be broken in production WME.

Edit: Looks to be working now.
-- Rich
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
 
Posts: 2230
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2014 4:05 am
Location: Los Angeles Area
Has thanked: 716 times
Been thanked: 646 times

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: umopapisdn