If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

Post relocatable known speed cameras from home?

Post by wsalopek
In my town, in each morning's newspaper, are published the exact locations of the mobile speed-trap cameras owned by the city...the cameras, mounted in vehicles, move around from day to day, and might move around during the day as well...all the exact details are published daily in the newspaper. At present there are 2 or 3 of these vehicles.

I would like to be able to go to the Waze website in the morning (or use the app on my phone) to enter these locations and times before I leave home...both for my benefit, and for everyone else's.

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks...
wsalopek

POSTER_ID:6466287

Send a message

Post by RallyChris
Not at this time. The possibility for abuse/spamming is to great.

They are beta testing a long term report system that is peer reviewed, possibly this would work in the future, will have to see it's capabilities when it comes to the NA server.
RallyChris
Send a message
Portland, OR / USA - Mega Mapper
Wiki: Area Manager | Map Editing | Known Issues List
Official Suggestion Websites (hosted by uservoice):
Waze Client | Waze Website / Editor
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/d/d9/W ... 00k_5c.png

Post by RallyChris
That is what this new system does. Just not sure on all it's capabilities yet, since it is in beta, and only on the world server.
RallyChris
Send a message
Portland, OR / USA - Mega Mapper
Wiki: Area Manager | Map Editing | Known Issues List
Official Suggestion Websites (hosted by uservoice):
Waze Client | Waze Website / Editor
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/d/d9/W ... 00k_5c.png

Post by wsalopek
RallyChris wrote:Not at this time. The possibility for abuse/spamming is to great.
Thanks Chris.

Hmmm...too bad.

Maybe they could set up a way to have "higher level" or "trusted" users...and give only them the capability to add known hazards/speedcams/whatever from a PC, instead of having to actually drive past it.

For example, I have excellent Amazon/eBay feedback ratings...perhaps that could be one way of verifying "trustability".
wsalopek
Send a message