These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by thefatveganchef
cyre wrote:Why are there no instructions on what to do with the file after it's downloaded? I copied it to the SD card for my phone...now what? How to I get it to run?
You should see in your notificatoins that the file is downloaded. Click on it and it will install, it will ask you if you want to install over the previous version, tell it yes.

If you don't have it in your notificatoins then you need to use your file explorer to navigate to where the file downloaded to (probably your sd card root) and then click on that file then follow above instructions. If you load Waze and have weird issues then try restarting phone, if still having issues uninstall Waze including all user settings / cashe and reinstall.
thefatveganchef
Send a message

Post by thefatveganchef
crazycomputingdotnet wrote:When I fired it up today it wouldn't lock into the GPS data. restarting didn't help. I had to do a reboot to get the client to lock in. Don't know if it is the client or the envirement, but logs were sent.

I had to do the same thing today. On my way home from work GPS locked in normally, but on my way to work, I had to reboot my phone to get GPS, and it took longer to get. Also there was a point where the maps were flickering. This happened for about 5-10 minutes. I will point out that I was off network at this time but I haven't seen this before, and this was a few minutes after the reboot so memory/cache / enviroment was clean and fresh. I was on the V-C theme this time, and I normally run the editor theme. So I don't know if that makes a difference.
thefatveganchef
Send a message

Post by thefatveganchef
gerben wrote:The GPS gets a raw fix from the data connection after a reboot (it is told what satelites to look for). If there is no data connection, the GPS unit needs to find out by itself what satelites it should look at, which can take up to 15 minutes.
When I leave from work I am on my wifi and I am normally on a week network connection. I have not had the issues of getting a fix on previous betas.
thefatveganchef
Send a message

Post by thefatveganchef
crazycomputingdotnet wrote:
crazycomputingdotnet wrote:When I fired it up today it wouldn't lock into the GPS data. restarting didn't help. I had to do a reboot to get the client to lock in. Don't know if it is the client or the envirement, but logs were sent.

I had to do the same thing today. On my way home from work GPS locked in normally, but on my way to work, I had to reboot my phone to get GPS, and it took longer to get. Also there was a point where the maps were flickering. This happened for about 5-10 minutes. I will point out that I was off network at this time but I haven't seen this before, and this was a few minutes after the reboot so memory/cache / enviroment was clean and fresh. I was on the V-C theme this time, and I normally run the editor theme. So I don't know if that makes a difference.
This happened again toady. Had to reboot to get Waze to connect to the GPS stream. Also there were a few times that Waze thought I was going 0 miles an hour and started doing the issues around me popups. I was driving 45-55 miles an hour. Logs were sent, last one around 7:30pm Central. The route in question where I noticed it the most was this one: archive_session_id=89797835 There were no breaks in the route, and I noticed it most on US77.
thefatveganchef
Send a message

Post by thefatveganchef
Like in previous versions when Waze starts doing the incident reports at idle, the first one doesn't show the position of the report, it stays on your current location. This doesn't happen every time though.
thefatveganchef
Send a message

Post by thefatveganchef

This happened again toady. Had to reboot to get Waze to connect to the GPS stream. Also there were a few times that Waze thought I was going 0 miles an hour and started doing the issues around me popups. I was driving 45-55 miles an hour. Logs were sent, last one around 7:30pm Central. The route in question where I noticed it the most was this one: archive_session_id=89797835 There were no breaks in the route, and I noticed it most on US77.

I had the same GPS issue again today, restarted the phone as usual, and after going out of my area that I know I have poor network connection (well poor enough that Waze can't get a fix while others can - like email/Foursq/sms... Waze didn't connect. Even with full bars and 4g.
phpjfld7GPM.jpg
(21.31 KiB) Downloaded 861 times
I had to close out of Waze and reopen in order for it to connect to network. Logs were sent.

Also this was brought up a couple of months ago, but can the devs create an executable that will allow programs like tasker to shut down Waze? I would like to have tasker shut it down when it looses bluetooth connection from my head unit (shutting off the car). It is a minor annoyance, but would be a nice feature. Or at least build in a switch to the current exe that will allow it to shut down?
thefatveganchef
Send a message

Post by thefatveganchef
I am on a new Rom. RubiX ICS v5.3 (Modded 4.0.3)

This Rom has a lot of tweaks for battery life, signal, and GPS as well as being ICS. So far Waze has been pretty stable on this rom as well as battery life has improved slightly from what I was running before. Plugged into my charger with max amp at 2.1 amps My battery went from 100% to 93% in an hour drive to work. That is much improved. Also I had less signal dropping than before, Waze seemed to hold on to the signal the entire time I was on I-35 from what I observed. The only time I saw it drop is where I would have expected it to drop because of lack of total cell coverage. I also ran it for several hours yesterday and only had to change out the battery once, but I think that was due to running trillian, not Waze, I forgot to shut it down when I left the house and it is a big battery drain. (off topic, anyone know of a multi chat client which is easy on battery??)
***edit: I just checked my route to work and the entire route showed up instead of part(s) of it. Before I was losing ~10 miles a day due to Waze thinking that there were network issues. I think a lot of my issues had to do with how Waze was connecting to my network/gps on the old rom.***

So, so far the beta on this rom is great.

To answer a previous question I had earlier Green Peace is the default theme at install.

@Perlin, if you want me to switch to the other Rom and continue collecting data, let me know, I backed up my old rom before switching and do not mind switching back and fourth to continue testing for you.
thefatveganchef
Send a message
Last edited by thefatveganchef on Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Timbones
dwayler wrote:Another recommendation is that when a map issue is resolved that the email doesnt go out to the reporter until the maps are updated.
The email that gets sent to the report does already say that it may be a few days before they see the changes on their app.
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators
Answers: 2
Send a message
Timbones(6) • UK Coordinator • Forum Moderator • Closure Monitor
Scripts: WME Colour HighlightsWME Route TesterWME Geometries

Post by Timbones
krankyd wrote:We got xteejyx suggestion of the voice - and we do want to add it. There's a lot of server support in order to add the TTS capability for world.waze.com. We're almost done adding it.
There are a few other things that we might need to help facilitate the use of TTS in the UK. We collected some suggestions here: http://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=15538
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators
Answers: 2
Send a message
Timbones(6) • UK Coordinator • Forum Moderator • Closure Monitor
Scripts: WME Colour HighlightsWME Route TesterWME Geometries

Post by traxino
Hi Guys,

My wazee goes into infinite loop on the search page if I do the following on my HTC Incredible 2:
- In Trip advisor ( http://bit.ly/HittvR ) I tap on an address
- Wazee search page starts
- I tap on the destination

And afterthat the search page come back again. I cannot hide the search page or shutdown the application.
traxino
Send a message