Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

Change ways to set City

Post by DallasGrant
I find it difficult to do city information in the map edit. I think we should remove it from the street information section to more like how we draw a landmark. This way we can make sure to easily change the city name or boundaries without needing to go directly to each and every road in the city. Maybe make it an option of the edit you don't have to be within 1 miles of your travel ... maybe 30 miles instead.
DallasGrant
Map Raider
Map Raider

POSTER_ID:5625562

Send a message

Post by bozwell
The probably with Waze allowing a mass update of roads is that it could easily be misused and result in big problems. That said there are add on tools for Waze that allow you to do this which are dangerous in the wrong hands.
bozwell
Send a message

Post by bozwell
LOL. When I wrote my post I thought for a while if I should mention the tools at all, and then I decided to go down the deliberately vague route :)
bozwell
Send a message

Post by DallasGrant
Bozwell wrote:That said there are add on tools for Waze that allow you to do this which are dangerous in the wrong hands.
Without trying to point it out to people that shouldn't use it, but I have looked at all the options in the map editor to for add on tools and am not finding this. Is it built in the phone app or somewhere on this site I am not looking?
DallasGrant
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by dmcconachie
If you're familiar with the wiki you'll find them. If you're not you're not ready to use them!

Sorry for being obtuse but they really can cause chaos both deliberate and accidental if used without enough experience and knowledge!

via Tapatalk
dmcconachie
Send a message
dmcconachie • Former Global Champ

UK WikiUK FB PageCurrent status