These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by AndyWa01
This power save mode thing seems to be a hit/miss issue. Just wondering...... Google Maps does not have this issue. In fact, earlier versions of Waze wasn't affected by the Power Save Mode being on.

Perhaps, waze could roll back to the last successful version and continue from there on?
AndyWa01
Send a message

Post by AndyWa01
Hi all, how do you use Waze on Android Auto display guidance, and have the car's sat nav simultaneously display map on the main front graphic screen?
AndyWa01
Send a message

Post by AndyWa01
Off and on, on AA, the arrow to denote the cards position disappears. Can't force & determine how/why it happens. Also, it happens at times that waze will not search for locations input, or will take a long time to find and then give up. These locations are normally easily found. GPS is on and mobile data signal strong. Tested against Maps, which find locations in a snap.

Btw, is any of waze develops looking/monitoring this forum, or is it just a rant platform for us?
AndyWa01
Send a message

Post by AndyWa01
The GPS issue seems to take ages to get fixed......

Looks like no one has a handle on what the cause is.....

Frustrating to switch to Maps. Prefer to use waze, but not reliable......

Should roll back to last stable version and work from there?!?
AndyWa01
Send a message

Post by AndyWa01
Kind of wandering........

Is it that so many phones, waze/AA versions, car head units, etc are wrong, or is there a waze app server that is singularly at fault?
AndyWa01
Send a message

Post by AndyWa01
Had issues with Waze yesterday. Out of the blue, Waze could not plot route, although, it reflects correct GPS position.

Switched to G Maps, and there was no issues. Route was plotted very fast.
AndyWa01
Send a message

Post by antoniojorz
Hello, I have updated waze on my blaupunkt San Pedro 900 radio, when I open the waze, the logo appears and closes instantly.
antoniojorz
Send a message

Post by appleboyca
Frenky1977 wrote:Hello
I tried to read all the posts on this topic and there are a lot of people with my problem.
I'm using Waze with my Samsung S8 on the AA of my Ford Fiesta and when I drive less than 100-110 km/hr it works perfectly; when I drive more than 120 km/hr the gps lags, the positioning is poor, the speed jumps, ...
It's very annoying!

I tried my Waze with the mobile in the same position in the car without connecting it to the AA and it works fine as usual.

Someone told me that the problem is that Waze uses the Fiesta GPS system when connected to the AA and the problem is there.

Someone here tells that the problem is in the battery saving preferences of the mobile.

Can someone please help me?
Have you disabled the location permission in Android Auto? That fixed the same issue for me (as well as other users on other chat platforms)
appleboyca
Send a message
Casey
appleboyca
AZ Area Manager (Maricopa County and Yuma)

Post by artiflo
Hello,

I have a sound issue with AndroidAuto and waze from the last update.

When I am with waze on android auto and I listen my radio of my car, when waze do a sound to alert me or something else, waze don't release the sound control to my radio and I have no sound anymore from my radio.

The only one solution to have sound back it's to speak to google assistant and this one will release the hand of the control to my radio.

I have this issue from waze 4.43.1.1.

I am on OnePlus 6 (9.0.1) and waze 4.43.1.1.

Someon could help me ?

PS : It's hard to explain to me, english is not my native language :)
artiflo
Send a message

Post by Astevensmith
Me as well, Galaxy S10+ in my wife's 2017 VW Jetta with factory HU w/ AA, only my phone

On my phone not attached to her headunits AA, waze works just fine. In my car where I just mount my phone and run AA on the phone, waze works just fine.

Plug my phone into her car and start AA, everything (including maps) works fine EXCEPT waze. It will not search, the following you on the map is jumpy and sporadic and has the circle of uncertainty all the time. If I start navigation then plug the phone in, it will at least show the navigation and try to follow, but it's still jumpy and sporadic.

Plug her Galaxy S8+ into her AA headunit and everything works fine.
Astevensmith
Send a message