The place to discuss editing specifically related to house numbering (addresses): how to optimize locations, set stop-points, etc.

Change of ZipCode for a specific address

Post by ATenn10
I am asking for assistance changing the default zipcode for an address to another.

Current Default: 5550 Carmel Mountain Road, San Diego CA 92129
- Issue: This location is incorrect and the map entry pinpoints 3.8 miles away from where is should point to.

The correct entry it should be: 5550 Carmel Mountain Road, San Diego CA 92130
- This change to the zip correctly adjusts to the right address location, at the corner of Carmel Mountain Road and Carmel Country Road, and is synonymous with the address for location: Merge Carmel Valley (a mixed use business center).

I am a new user and logged in specifically to make this change, as visitors to the Merge Business Center are experiencing regular issues when entering the address into their Waze searches. Thank you in advance for your assistance and expertise.
ATenn10

POSTER_ID:17491010

Send a message

Post by ATenn10
Thanks everyone for the time on this. Yes - it's the address of the Merge Carmel Valley location-a mix of business suites and residential. I've tried to update Google, but it's been a slow process with no work back on whether this will happen. If anyone has a better method of contact Google Maps for this, I'd appreciate it. I've tried updating Google Maps through several user accounts, so they get pinged multiple times, but no success over the past few months.
ATenn10
Send a message

Post by ATenn10
Yes - Merge is on there. And searching for "Merge" or "Merge Carmel Valley" works fine... it's the instance of a user copying/entering the street address (5550 Carmel Mountain Rd) that creates the issue.

Great question about the residential units: They were built as part of the overall complex, but are officially located on a different street and have their own street addresses that work well. No issues there.

The issue is related to the office/retail tenants that struggle to give directions to their clients.
Thanks again for all the help!
ATenn10
Send a message

Post by ATenn10
Thanks Mike - The business are listed, that was good advice. But it doesn't fix the "copy/paste" of the address 5550 Carmel Mountain Road issue. I'll keep trying to get that handled with Google.
ATenn10
Send a message

Post by russblau
ZIP codes aren't in the Waze address database at all, so we can't change them. The ZIP code that displays when you look up an address in Waze comes from an external source, which map editors don't have access to.

However, if you post this in the California forum, you may be able to get some help with the incorrect location of the address.
russblau
State Manager
State Manager
Answers: 1
Send a message

Post by turbomkt
San Diego editor here...

Neither address is actually mapped in Waze. Both results are coming from Google Maps.

What's at the correct location? I think a new shopping center with some residences? http://www.mergecv.com/
turbomkt
Coordinators
Coordinators
Answers: 17
Send a message
--Mike
RC for Northwest Region (NWR Discord)
ARC for Southwest Region (SWR Discord)

Post by turbomkt
Merge is already on there. I have suggested they update the address as well. I also added a residential place point that _may_ help. Remove the address from your navigation history and search for it again.

Related question...Is there anything that shows the addresses for the residential side?
turbomkt
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
--Mike

Post by turbomkt
The other thing to do is add the businesses to the map.
turbomkt
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
--Mike