Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by yoho
Suik wrote:Improvement also on my Wildfire, much more stable
Just tested this version for a couple of days (I tested 3.0 and was so disappointed that I rolled back). I must say it has largely improved. I especially didn't experience crashes anymore except maybe in the situation mentioned by Suik : when you don't follow waze, from time to time, it fails to recalculate route (trying for several minutes) and then restarts with a crash/oops message. The lag is still here but has been largely improved too.

With 3.0.1, Waze finally becomes usable for short routes on Wildfire. Now, I'd like to see the lag disappear and it would be at the same usability level as version 2.x.
yoho
Send a message

Post by Zerenia
Galaxy S (AT&T / Samsung Captivate), carrier-provided Froyo / 2.2, rooted.

1. While running the app in the foreground, the display on the phone goes off when the normal display timeout limit is reached. In earlier versions, the display always stayed on while the app was running.

2. Reports filtering does not seem to work. Filtering on reports on my route does not change the list of reports, nor does filtering on report from my group. I see all reports in whatever radius I have chosen, regardless of the filter applied.

Otherwise, seems to be stable and the lagging of the display vs. my actual location is greatly reduced - I have not seen any lag so far.

Cheers - Z
Zerenia
Send a message

Post by Zerenia
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
Zerenia wrote:2. Reports filtering does not seem to work. Filtering on reports on my route does not change the list of reports, nor does filtering on report from my group. I see all reports in whatever radius I have chosen, regardless of the filter applied.
That filter is only to the list as you view them. It does not apply the filter beyond the list being viewed. There is no way to filter what appears on the map nor what pops up.
Alan - thanks for the reply. I am, in fact, referring to the list and not the popups or the map. Am I the only one reporting this phenomenon?

-Z
Zerenia
Send a message

Post by ZioMeme
Installed from market after disinstalled old version and cache and data cleaning.
No crash but no road on the map, both 2D and 3D.
Only other wazers and traffic coloured lines.
Inside tunnel or GPS not coverage car icon doesn't desappear and circle around appears.
GN on ICS 4.0.2

Meme
ZioMeme
Send a message