Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by jm6087
lg1992 wrote:PIE makes the Places menu look ugly in the latest WME Beta.
Script issues in WME Beta should be reported here
jm6087
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 21
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by jm6087
iainhouse wrote:Fantastic enhancement, Justin! :mrgreen:

It's frightening how many awful photos are approved on places; a quick scan of my local area resulted in about 40% of them being deleted. Without this tool, those approved photos would probably never be seen as you would have to take the time to select every place on-screen and manually review all the photos. I reckon we can clear a massive amount of wasted data from the Waze servers and improve the quality (and therefore the reputation) of the photos that show up in the app.
WOW, I thought you were exaggerating but I just did a small area and probably deleted 25%+ of the photos. Shocking how many we miss :D

Dang you Justin for giving us another great tool to give us more work to do :twisted:
jm6087
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by jm6087
juliansean wrote:I had no idea there were so many photo's in such a small area of the map! This addition is going to put me in a rabbit hole I may not come out of for a few weeks! Excellent! Thank you very much!

Sean
:lol: See you in a few weeks :P
jm6087
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by jm6087
JustinS83 wrote:Update released - 2019.01.17.01
  • Updating Google Link Enhancer (Thanks MoM!) - now draws a line and highlights the Places with the duplicated Google link
I am not seeing a line between places (if that is what I am supposed to be seeing)

What am I messing up?

EDIT: Disregard, as expected it was user issue (just being blind), not a script issue
jm6087
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by jm6087
russblau wrote:New bug: Whenever creating a new RPP, the street name "None" box is checked, instead of using the name of the nearest street (yes, I've checked my PIE settings; I have all the boxes under "New Places" enabled). This happens whether creating the place from the menu bar, or using the ALT+R shortcut.
Justin just commented about this in Discord. He said he thinks it is BED and will look into tomorrow.
jm6087
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by jm6087
JustinS83 wrote:
jm6087 wrote:
russblau wrote:New bug: Whenever creating a new RPP, the street name "None" box is checked, instead of using the name of the nearest street (yes, I've checked my PIE settings; I have all the boxes under "New Places" enabled). This happens whether creating the place from the menu bar, or using the ALT+R shortcut.
Justin just commented about this in Discord. He said he thinks it is BED and will look into tomorrow.
No, I didn't say that. The console error reported in Discord was from BED. The issue reported is an issue in PIE and I will look at it tomorrow.
My bad. I misunderstood. At least I got the part of "will look into tomorrow" pretty close :D
jm6087
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by jm6087
junyianl wrote:First of all, great script and I really love it!

If I may, I'd like to request for an additional feature which would be really useful for me (and others, hopefully). Could we have option to automatically hide PPs and/or PAs when the map zoom is lower than, let's say 4 for example.
PPs are hidden by native WME at are certain zoom level so PIE can't interact with them anyway. Area Places are size dependent for which zoom they are hidden at.
jm6087
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by jm6087
Kkervinjones wrote:Anyone noticed that when you hover over a Gas/Petrol Station brand the external provider distance indicator is showing? I'm sure it didn't do this before.

No harm done, but it did confused me for a minute.
I am not seeing this happen.
jm6087
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by jm6087
asph4lt wrote:This is the normal operation of the script, and it is for all POIs.

For the distance to be seen > you have to hover over the link the external provider and the location of the external provider should not be visible on the map
I am aware of that option and do see the distance indicator when I hover over the external provider link. The question was if anyone was seeing the distance indicator hovering over the fuel brand box. That behavior is what I am not seeing.
jm6087
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by jm6087
asph4lt wrote:jm6087 I agree with you, but in the example of Kkervinjones, I don't see the mouse pointer, so I don't knowI what is hover over (Fuel brand box or external provider link).
Very true but my response is based off the statement made that they were seeing it when they hover over the Gas Brand box.
Kkervinjones wrote:Anyone noticed that when you hover over a Gas/Petrol Station brand the external provider distance indicator is showing? I'm sure it didn't do this before.
jm6087
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ