Request: electric charge stations

You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, MGODLEW

Forum rules
Waze staff does not read this forum

This forum is made for community discussions only.
To submit a feature request to Waze, read and follow the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features".

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

Re: Request: electric charge stations

Postby vince1612 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:17 pm

I merged this into an existing suggestion thread, in the future please mind the guidelines for making feature requests (read at the top)

AFAIK there are things that are currently in the works regarding electric vehicles, but I cannot share any details for now.

Thank you
[ img ]
Wiki & Forum: Wiki CH (D) (FR) | Forum CH (D) (FR) (I)
1+1=3 - The result of bringing talents together goes beyond simply adding them up.
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

EV charging stations

Postby Mkonci » Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:57 pm

Hi,
I drive electric car and would like to point out that waze still don't have option to put EV charging stations in it's map. Does someone know if they will update app so it will also support for looking for near charging station?

Thanks,
Matej
Mkonci

Re: EV charging stations

Postby vince1612 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:08 pm

Mkonci wrote:Hi,
I drive electric car and would like to point out that waze still don't have option to put EV charging stations in it's map. Does someone know if they will update app so it will also support for looking for near charging station?

Thanks,
Matej

I merged your new thread into an existing one, please search the forum before posting new topics.

See my previous response.
[ img ]
Wiki & Forum: Wiki CH (D) (FR) | Forum CH (D) (FR) (I)
1+1=3 - The result of bringing talents together goes beyond simply adding them up.
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby Douki-31 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:43 pm

Hello Folks,

Driving an electric car since more than one year, I already requested to waze team by email a possibility to add charging station. The answer was unfortunately a default one, rather than a link to this very interesting forum.

This message is just to add +1 to the request of this feature. In France the charging point network is now big enough to be included in a car GPS tool. Every network supplier, is designing its own app for the moment. (kiwhipass, freshmile, revéo, MobiVE, chargemap, ...)

I have started to insert in the waze map some Point with 'charging station' category but this information already exist in other map editor (http://www.chargemap.com) for example.

Did waze team plan to merge the information from other site, or do you recommend to add it manually ??

After deeper investigation I found a voting mechanism in order to push this feature to the Waze Team. Please vote here, to level up. Already 4984 votes.

Thanks for this great community app, and continue to support it. It is fantastic.
Douki
Toulouse, France
Zero Emission driver since August 2016
Douki-31

Postby JaazzBoo » Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:02 pm

EV Charging is a checkbox when creating or editing parking lots in the Waze Map Editor. More info on the types, etc. can be added in the Description field. You can check through parking lots near to where you are, to see if any stations are listed.

If you know of one, but it is not yet included in a lot or the lot is not in the map, you can add it yourself. Anyone can be an volunteer editor, and even the lowest rank can add and edit parking lots. If you don't do it, who do you expect will?
Jaazz Boo
Large Area Manager - Central-North Wisconsin
Residing & also Editing in MA

[ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ]
JaazzBoo
Map Raider
Map Raider

Postby pydagenais » Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:51 pm

i got some kind of issue for charging stations, when i do a 1000 km trip whit my ev car car that allow 200km range, i dont search "parking lots" but fast chargers that recharge in 20 min insted of 4h+.
it's goo to add it in the comments but i seek one charger out of 200! and still their's plug's standars of 5 in north america and near 10 in europes.

ther's a lot of improuvements to go !

i got over 2k chargers to map in the province of quebec canada, over 1000 in ontario and over 2k for the states that border those 2 provinces in the USA.

several are mapped on chargehub and plugshare that are charging station inventories not liked to a specified network!
AM Grand-Montréal / Rive-Nord
Motorola G / waze v3.6
[ img ][ img ][ img ]
https://sign.wme-tools.com/home/
pydagenais
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby daMastahF » Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:37 pm

I also +1 this feature, when driving a Renault Zoe I want to find EV-charging points and not gas stations. The app should also offer the option to checkbox electricity as preferred fuel-type.

It would be great if Waze could integrate with (or annex!?) e.g. good existing EV-mapping, like 'nextcharge' that has an official list of chargepoints and real-time occupy-indication from the charging networks, but also allows regulars users to add chargepoints (that e.g. allow free charging!)
daMastahF

Postby usa_lrz3r9zh » Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:55 pm

I see there are 7 pages for request for EV features and not a lot of movement in this area. I to drive an EV, find it really weird that even though Waze knows I have an EV I still can not pick Electricity as a fuel type. I can not search for charging stations. When an EV is selected as a car type, gasoline should not even show up anymore....
usa_lrz3r9zh

Postby subs5 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:15 am

See that Waze3rdParty has input a PUR for a Natural Gas service to be a Gas Station.
Location is here in Lynchburg, VA.

Not sure if that means there is some movement on alternative fuel types or if they just don't understand the Gas Station place.
subs5
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby PeterBoermans » Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:32 pm

from today - proud owner of a Nissan Leaf - +1 for implementing option to search for charging stations and choose EV with power consumtion in stead of fossile!!
PeterBoermans

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App Feature Requests