Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by Horizon911
Another thought:
It would be great in case that WAL could ingest areas directly from mymaps URLs. For example I have created following areas. Currently, I have to export them to KMZ format, than use some KMZ-to-WKT converter, edit WKT file manually and replace 'LINESTRING' element by 'POLYGON' element and than only pass it them WAL.

btw:JustinS83's script OOM has got a similar capability.
Horizon911
Send a message

Post by Horizon911
Hey,
I just came back to WAL after some time. I love the optimizations and Unicode support! Thanks!!!  :D   :D   :D

A few observations:
1. I've tried to scan Streets and Places and it seems that WAL is not able (anymore?) to change the the zoom level. Is it expected? The thing is that in low zoom level, you get much less results, then you should, while with high zoom level, the processing takes unnecessarily long time.
2. Any plans to support .geojson files? (incl.  multiple polygons?) (like this one? ) ;)

Horizon911
Send a message

Post by jalondon628
This fix, however temporary, did the trick for me.

jalondon628
Country Manager
Country Manager
Answers: 1
Send a message
Joel London (jalondon628)
US Country Manager
US South Central Region multi-state manager (Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Oklahoma, Texas)
Based in Dallas, TX

https://s.waze.tools/s0500.png

Post by jm6087
How do I scan for an entire state?
jm6087  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 21
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by jm6087
Would it be possible for you to scan for elevation <> 0, currently it only scans for negative elevation

This script has been outstanding for finding work during a MapRaid.
jm6087  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by jm6087
I found this website that allows you to get the Polygon GPS coordinates so you can create a WKT of pretty much any area, size and shape.
https://arthur-e.github.io/Wicket/sandbox-gmaps3.html

Also, I know it has been mentioned but want to give my +1 on adding Map Comments to the search options (or a new plug in)
jm6087  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by jm6087
Another suggestion to add to your list.
Add Railroad to the lock plug-in.
jm6087  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by jm6087
For some reason WAL won't scan in WME Beta. I can do all the setup for the scan but when I scan it just gets stuck with 0% scanned. I can click Cancel and go back to work but I have to switch to WME Production to do the actual scan.
jm6087  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by jm6087
juliansean wrote:My scan (a very small area in Dallas to start) just freezes Chrome. Nothing is actually output. Did anyone figure out which script might be messing with this very nice script? Thank you for the work you put into this!

My guess is that you probably didn't have the scan area created correctly. Make sure to create an area place first but don't save the area. Then switch to WAL and create the area to scan. Once you do that you should be able to scan a small area.
jm6087  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by jm6087
juliansean wrote:Suggested addition: Will you please consider adding a feature where one can scan for missing street names on places? The missing HN's works great. Adding the missing street would be great for places where the whole address is contained in the HN field. Thank you for taking this into consideration.

Sean (juliansean)
+1. Even if the current checkbox for HNs is changed to search for any missing information in the address field would be great.
jm6087  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ