Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by jm6087
asph4lt wrote:jm6087 I agree with you, but in the example of Kkervinjones, I don't see the mouse pointer, so I don't knowI what is hover over (Fuel brand box or external provider link).
Very true but my response is based off the statement made that they were seeing it when they hover over the Gas Brand box.
Kkervinjones wrote:Anyone noticed that when you hover over a Gas/Petrol Station brand the external provider distance indicator is showing? I'm sure it didn't do this before.
jm6087  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 21
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by jm6087
AndyLaode wrote:is it possible to add ability to copy map comment?
I believe Justin has said this is not possible
viewtopic.php?f=819&t=215990&sid=5878e5 ... 0#p1935207
jm6087  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by jm6087
Alpha_VA wrote:In WME Beta, the lock level for new places contains no selection.
What are you meaning? Can you provide screenshots?

I am still seeing lock level options on new places in WME Beta

jm6087  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by jm6087
Alpha_VA wrote:
jm6087 wrote:
Alpha_VA wrote:In WME Beta, the lock level for new places contains no selection.
What are you meaning? Can you provide screenshots?

I am still seeing lock level options on new places in WME Beta
Sorry John for being a bit to general. I refered to the configuration screen of PIE, here's the screenshot:
So far, your picture has not shown up. I have heard others say that when there are spaces in the file name, it take longer to show (I am not sure myself)

I believe I have found what you are referring to though. This box no longer allows you to change the default lock level when creating a new place.

jm6087  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by jm6087
ldriveskier wrote:I do still have the lock level choice (v2020.03.27.01). Maybe it is a script conflict that prevents yours?
Capture.PNG
Possible, is yours in WME Beta? I haven't looked in Production yet.
jm6087  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by jm6087
ldriveskier wrote:
Alpha_VA wrote:Production does work, beta does not.
Ah, I missed that. This forum is for scripts in production. There is a subforum under beta WME for script problems in beta.

Oops, my bad as well. I missed that we were in production script forum :mrgreen:

Alpha_VA, please post in the beta script forum viewtopic.php?f=1851&t=299644
jm6087  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by jm6087
Olestas wrote:Hi, it looks like touching railroad crossing when PIE is active causes crossing to stop working. You cannot move or add them/ saving stalls wme.
This is a known issue and Justin has said that it is not "found a workaround that isn't hacky..., yet"

You can disable PIEs geometry modification option for now to get RR/camera editing working
jm6087  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by jm6087
MoffaCocca wrote:I'm a regular(non-beta) WME user from Pakistan, there is lot of development needed and i find a bug in this script that cause the Camera/Railroads not rotatable, it is very useful script for me to place things.

To create bug simply follow the following points
  • Enable the Script
    Refresh the page
    Select any camera/railroad
    Click outside of camera range deselect it
    Click again on camera/Railroad
    Unable to rotate it
    Now if you save there WME stuck, tough the changes saved but it remains stuck in this stage :oops:

Just tested and I am not seeing this issue with the scripts I am running. I don't believe that PIE is causing the issue.

Attaching a GIF
jm6087  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by jm6087
BryceCampbell wrote:
MoffaCocca wrote:I'm a regular(non-beta) WME user from Pakistan, there is lot of development needed and i find a bug in this script that cause the Camera/Railroads not rotatable, it is very useful script for me to place things.

To create bug simply follow the following points
  • Enable the Script
    Refresh the page
    Select any camera/railroad
    Click outside of camera range deselect it
    Click again on camera/Railroad
    Unable to rotate it
    Now if you save there WME stuck, tough the changes saved but it remains stuck in this stage :oops:
Yes, it's a know bug, happens with all camera types I find. Disabling the script when doing crossing is easy enough in the meantime
It is a very simple fix and you don't need to disable the scripts. All you need to do is disable one setting in PIE and it will work with no issues.
jm6087  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by jm6087
JustinS83 wrote:Do you not mark the Waze Places temporarily closed? If you are, how do you know they are temp closed? This should make it fair easier to do so.

Something having a highlight doesn't mean there is necessarily a problem, just that something might need your attention.
I wouldn't mark the place as temporarily closed in WME, that just means having to remember which ones are no longer temp closed and changing things back.

BUT

I think the highlight is extremely valuable because when we get a PUR marking a place closed, we can see that it is temporary and not permanent.
jm6087  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ