The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Highway outage

Post by hebermc
I recently traveled from Recife to natal (http://g.co/maps/eg682) and natal to Recife, on various occasions I had a 3G connection but did not have the highway and some time later the highway showed up, I could not keep looking at Waze to see if it had a road or not.

Should I just switch on the "Pave Road" feature whenever the road starts disapearing and just leave it on until I am back to "civilization"?

Does Waze record roads when it does not have a data connection?
hebermc
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ

POSTER_ID:6682780

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
hebermc wrote:If you cant pave while without a data connection, a LOT of highway roads in Brazil will NOT get paved.
If you have a data connection intermittently or at least after 15-20 minutes of driving, your route will be available in the map editor. You can click on it and create missing roads from there and then connect it and extend as necessary in the editor directly.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by floppyrod84
Loss of data on your phone is not a reason to assume the road is not on the map. It probably is, and by using the Pave option you will be polluting the data by adding duplicate roads.Have you checked the livemap to see if the road is actually there?

Sent from my Telenor_OneTouch using Tapatalk
floppyrod84
Send a message

Post by gettingthere
hebermc wrote:Does Waze record roads when it does not have a data connection?
You cannot pave if you don't have a network connection.

Did you look at the Waze Map Editor to see if the road was mapped?
gettingthere
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
San Diego, California USA and Tijuana, Mexico

Post by gettingthere
hebermc wrote: I am not going to check 300 km of highway to see where there aren't roads :lol:
So we can assume that you also won't confirm the roads in the editor after you pave them?
gettingthere
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
San Diego, California USA and Tijuana, Mexico

Post by hebermc
gettingthere wrote:You cannot pave if you don't have a network connection.

Did you look at the Waze Map Editor to see if the road was mapped?
If you cant pave while without a data connection, a LOT of highway roads in Brazil will NOT get paved.

I am not going to check 300 km of highway to see where there aren't roads :lol:
hebermc
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message

Post by hebermc
gettingthere wrote:
hebermc wrote: I am not going to check 300 km of highway to see where there aren't roads :lol:
So we can assume that you also won't confirm the roads in the editor after you pave them?
I'll have a look at them once the editor allows me to, I tried looking but it still has not updated, last route added for me is from 25/april. Seems to take over 10 days to allow me to see roads.
hebermc
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message