Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Coordinator: nzahn1 & ARC: ct13 | ldriveskier
------------------------------------------------------------

Invitation to try out the new MAR Discord Server

Post by
Many Waze regions are experimenting or shifting to Discord as their local communication method. So the Mid-Atlantic Region leadership would like everyone to test out Discord. Discord is fairly new, so many may not have used it yet.

Please Access the MAR Discord server by signing up at this form This form has been depreciated. Click the link below to join:

Click this link to join the MAR Discord Server:

:arrow: https://discord.gg/MCMU29V9YF

After you give it a whirl for a while, please let us know what you think about Discord by posting in this forum. Once in on the MAR server you can access all four State channels.

There are benefits and disadvantages to both systems so we are trying to see what works best for the Editor Community. This is not a majority vote to select the MAR platform. Personal preference will be a consideration that is accounted in the decision. Other considerations such as whether all the other regions shift will also be considered.

So please jump in and try Discord. Note the Discord channel for each state is synched with the applicable state GHO so you won't miss anything on one method or another.

So see you on the Discord side..... "soon"...

POSTER_ID:16976950

Send a message
Last edited by subs5 on Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by ArthurUSCG
The annoying thing is Discord does not have a Chrome app, so I will have to keep a window open when I am editing in my Chromebook.
ArthurUSCG
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by DCLemur
I haven't seen anything formal posted about using the UNLOCKS channel as well. (In HO, we just posted in main section) For now, I am going to post the full request in the UL channel AND post a note in main channel (VA for this request) which should at provide a note in the GHO as well. **FYI - There appears to be no syncing of Discord UL requests to GHO -- of course, don't know how you would separate out the states.

Appreciate comments & feedback.
DCLemur
Send a message

Post by kwrigh01
I have found Discord to be very useful... and feel it will grow even more so as we get accustomed to the platform. As with anything, there will be some growing pains, but nothing we can't handle.

-kw
kwrigh01
Send a message

Post by ldriveskier
SpencerFG wrote:App appears to be for Chromebook only.
The app in the previous message is for Chromebook only because that is what he was looking for.

There are downloads for other platforms on https://discordapp.com/download. Or search in whatever place you would normally find apps for whatever platform you're interested in. Personally, I just use a tab in a web browser, so I can't vouch for or against any of them.
ldriveskier
Coordinators
Coordinators
Answers: 4
Send a message

Post by nzahn1
I've found discord to be a very suitable replacement for GHO. Google has said that it is phasing out GHO for public use, and focusing on using it for enterprise users (schools, business, gov't). Whereas Discord seems to growing new features everyday.

I'm in favor of transitioning over.

As a note, I've added some notices to the MD wiki page at the top and under 'Community', feel free to steal them for other states in the region.
nzahn1
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

US Global Champ | MAR Coordinator | iOS Beta | WME Beta | Localizer
WME Profile | E-mail | MAR Forum | MAR Wiki | MD Twitter

Post by nzahn1
ArthurUSCG wrote:The annoying thing is Discord does not have a Chrome app, so I will have to keep a window open when I am editing in my Chromebook.
I think this was shared in chat, but put the link here for future reference:
Discord Chrome App
nzahn1
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by nzahn1
SpencerFG wrote:App appears to be for Chromebook only.
Yup! That’s what Arthur was looking for.
nzahn1
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Pizuz
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message
AM für Leipzig-Süd
BM für Sachsen