Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by Philistine11
jm6087 wrote:
jangliss wrote:The better fix is the one mentioned on the sticky page here.

Code: Select all

// @include /^https:\/\/(www|beta)\.waze\.com\/(?!user\/)(.{2,6}\/)?editor\/.*$/
This covers beta and regular, and any language/localizations, but excludes the user profile pages.
My GIS buttons are no longer showing up in Prod or Beta My language has be updated to en-US. I have added the mentioned fix to no avail.
I switched my language back to see if that could be the issue but it still wouldn't work.
jm6087 wrote:
RussPA wrote:I have no problems with GIS in beta or prod, although I do notice that the buttons don't appear on a refresh until I scroll the screen a little.
Thanks, I will see if that is my issue when I get back to my puter tonight.
There was no change to how the script functions, and it has always needed the map to be moved slightly before the button would show up (since it only triggers on every map move). If you made manual changes to the script, you might want to reload the original version, as it now works with the languages in prod by default.
Philistine11
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by Philistine11
JustinS83 wrote:
ldriveskier wrote:Wow, it would be awesome if any Ohio counties with this ability were linked like that Justin. ;)
WME GIS isn't my script, so I cannot do that :) Working on adding it for Hamilton county in OH Scripts, though :)
The script already supports it. You just need to add what crazycaveman was talking about to each appropriate county on the Ohio sheet.
Philistine11
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by Philistine11
snachodog wrote:For the Montana GIS spreadsheet, Teton County has GIS info at https://tcmt.maps.arcgis.com/home/index.html
I don't maintain any of the individual states' links, but I went ahead and took a look at that link. The plugin really works best when it links directly to a map. Do you think http://tcmt.maps.arcgis.com/apps/webapp ... 5b28b8b931 would be the best one to link to?
Philistine11
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by Philistine11
beachbumli247 wrote:Not sure if this is possible, but is there any way to have the script zoom in onto the relevant section of the GIS map? I know there used to be a script for NY Orthos that had this functionality.
The script already supports that, but only for some GIS sites. If the GIS site supports URL parameters to set the map location and zoom, that can be included in the Google sheet.
Philistine11
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by Philistine11
voludu2 wrote:Thanks so much for maintaining all these links to mapping resources.

The link for Philadelphia has changed
to: http://gsg.phila.gov/map
I actually don't maintain the individual links. Each sheet is owned by local people so that those closest to the relevant areas can change them. As a state manager, you should probably have access. I don't remember who owns the PA sheet, but you can request edit access:
Philistine11
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message
Last edited by Philistine11 on Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Philistine11
lopaolo69 wrote:Just an info: the script show the information regarding the place I am but the link is not working.
I'm editing in Thailand :)

Paolo
The links are currently only available in the U.S., but they could theoretically be added for other countries. If your country in interested in getting the links working, let me know and we can figure it out.
Philistine11
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by Philistine11
hbiede wrote:Minor thing, but may I recommend adding an @exclude to the header of your script to exclude the user profile pages. Thanks!
I could, but why? I just checked to make sure that it doesn't affect the user profile pages at all. Since there is no location info bar, it doesn't do anything.
Philistine11
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by Philistine11
Honestly, this script shouldn't be working at all. In July 2018 Google switched their maps pricing model which theoretically eliminated keyless usage of the geocoding API, which this script does. For some reason, it has kept working anyway. I'm not really willing to spend money on the script, so unless I figure out an alternative way to get the data, it will probably eventually die off :(
Philistine11
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by Philistine11
I just published an update that requires an individual API key, and I included instructions on the Greasyfork page on how to get that key.
Philistine11
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by Philistine11
voludu2 wrote:I read the instructions for staying below free quota, but I cannot apply them as written because the daily quota has been disabled - quotas for 100 seconds are now available.
https://developers.google.com/maps/docu ... g?hl=en_US

Since there are 2 678 400 seconds in a 31-day month, or 26 784 hundred-seconds, I need to set the quota to 1 request per 100 seconds in order to stay under quota. If I set it to 2, I could go over 53,000 in a 31-day month.

Does this sound correct?
You need to enable billing on the project. Until you do, you'll have the issue described.
Philistine11
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message