Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by goaliegeewhiz
The steps given to <i>nocommenta</i> are insufficient for my problem. Saturday, 3 Sept. 2016, I drove to Ancient Peaks Oyster Ridge Barn, east of Santa Margarita, CA. I tried to submit it as a picture and new location, but couldn't connect to the Waze server. Today (four days later), I tried to use the Map Editor to add the location, but it wouldn't let me save the changes because Waze hadn't recorded that drive, presumably because it was too far out in the boonies.

So just now, I followed the Livemap link above, but couldn't do Step 2 because Waze is unaware of the site I was trying to add. Catch-22. So I guess I have to contact someone who has the power to edit that area of the map.
goaliegeewhiz
Send a message
-*"*-.,,.-*"*-.,,.-*"*-.,,.-*"*-.,,.-*"*-.,,.-*"*-.,,.-*"*—
goaliegeewhiz

Post by GoldieLeworthy
Waze has not recorded any drives for me since 25 June 2018. Its now beyond the "wait 7 days" point. Previous hiccups have seen a flurry of discussion, so is it just me this time?

I've not change accounts, phones, etc.
GoldieLeworthy
Send a message

Post by GoldieLeworthy
Thanks. Nothing on the status page this time around. I'll just wait I guess.
GoldieLeworthy
Send a message

Post by grantmaker
I cannot find my account miles at all. My 'crown' has also been removed from my icon. Has Waze removed the miles rating system? Will Google deactivate the redundant Waze and focus on Google Maps?
grantmaker
Send a message

Post by GregoryKoch
For some reason, in the past couple months, only parts of drives have been showing up. Like, I'll be driving, and it will show part of the trip and then abruptly end. That and some drives are missing altogether, some of which are a month or two old by now, so they should be there. And I have no drives at all since August 27. I now see at least three users who stopped getting drives around this exact time. Clearly something changed then.
GregoryKoch
Send a message

Post by GregoryKoch
RussPA wrote:In the phone under Settings - Application Manager - Waze - Permissions. It's probably not that, but I can't think of any other reason on the phone end for no drives to show.
I checked that. Others have checked that. It's not the issue. It's obviously something else. Any idea what?
GregoryKoch
Send a message

Post by GregoryKoch
jm6087 wrote:
sandsnper wrote:I work for an EMS service and have waze running in the truck all day.
I would turn off and close Waze periodically throughout the day as well. Leaving Waze running all day won't allow it to upload any drives.
I only have Waze open when I'm navigating, and it hasn't given me any drives since August 27. I've literally changed nothing, others have changed nothing, and we all have this issue. It's not something we did, it's the app.
GregoryKoch
Send a message

Post by GregoryKoch
RussPA wrote:
GregoryKoch wrote: It's not something we did, it's the app.
If it's only happening for some people and only for some time periods, it wouldn't be the app. It might help if everyone with this problem mentioned their phone and OS.
iOS 11.4.1, iPhone 7. And it's pretty much the same period (give or take a day) for everyone who's experiencing this. And it's not showing my drive home on the 27th, only my drive to work, so it must have gone down for me sometime between 7:34 AM and ~ 5:15 PM EDT. If others had their first drive of the day later (quite likely if they live west of the Eastern Time Zone) maybe that's why theirs stopped on the 26th. This is not something on our end. Either every single user experiencing this changed something on their end nearly simultaneously, or something changed on the app. Now which is more likely?
GregoryKoch
Send a message
Last edited by GregoryKoch on Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by GregoryKoch
Any update? This isn't on our end, this is clearly a problem with Waze.
GregoryKoch
Send a message

Post by GregoryKoch
oGILSCARo wrote:Last night (9/11) I wanted to review some amazing routing, so I surfed* to https://www.waze.com/editor# -> Drives. The latest of my drives was 8/18.

This morning (9/12), the same page showed my drives up through 9/9. So something's changing.

--Gil

*- with Safari 11.1.2 under Sierra 10.12.6 on a Mid-2011 Mini
I still don't have anything since August 27.
GregoryKoch
Send a message