If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.
Post by beepbeeeeeeep
I wish we could block and report users. I like communicating with others on the road but it comes with the expense of dealing with jerks using irrelevant profanity.
Someone just chatted me to "suck my c**k you fat h*e" for no reason. Not cool. Username was matthew069. I took a photo of it in case I ever get the ability to block/report him.
beepbeeeeeeep
Send a message

Post by bez825
This is a simple one, probably asked, but can you put the road your on at the bottom of your screen?
bez825
Send a message

Post by bgodette
gerben wrote:Waze uses 30 minute intervals of historical speed data during route calculation.
It has to be 10 minutes or less, else the Andoid widget wouldn't show different ETAs for each 10 minute interval it requests.

It's all my phone's fault for using Tapatalk.
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by bgodette
gerben wrote:
bgodette wrote:
gerben wrote:Waze uses 30 minute intervals of historical speed data during route calculation.
It has to be 10 minutes or less, else the Andoid widget wouldn't show different ETAs for each 10 minute interval it requests.
Not necessarily... Maybe the widget ask for ETA's for 10 minute intervals.
The widget asks for 10 minute intervals, however if the averages are for a period greater than 10 minutes you'll end up with two or more intervals with the same ETA. Since that doesn't happen, the averages must but at most 10 minutes.
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by bgodette
fvbommel wrote:
bgodette wrote:
gerben wrote: Not necessarily... Maybe the widget ask for ETA's for 10 minute intervals.
The widget asks for 10 minute intervals, however if the averages are for a period greater than 10 minutes you'll end up with two or more intervals with the same ETA. Since that doesn't happen, the averages must but at most 10 minutes.
Not necessarily. If you start 10 minutes later you will reach a new time slot "earlier" in your drive (assuming the trip takes long enough).

For example: say your trip takes about 45 minutes. If you start 10 minutes into a 30 minute slot the first 20 minutes will be in slot A and the second 25 will be in slot B.
If on the other hand you start 10 minutes later (20 minutes into the slot), only the first 10 minutes will be in slot A, the next 30 will be in slot B and the last 5 in slot C.
Unfortunately no, not with how Waze's routing works so far. It does not appear to take into account *when* you will reach a particular segment or junction, else Waze could avoid that jam that doesn't exist yet when you start your route, but will be there by the time you reach it without a reroute when you get near. AFAIK I've never seen or heard of Waze doing that. They will eventually need to add support for doing that just to be able to support Time of Day turn restrictions which is a more direct use of "when will I be at junction X".

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by bgodette
gerben wrote:Theo once stated that it works like 3.
It will have to work that way, if it doesn't already, to support T.O.D. turn restrictions and direction. The only thing I've ever experienced that hints at it currently working that way, and can be caused by something else, is routing differences at controlled lefts. There might be a way to deduce if it does, and the resolution of historical data, with the widget.

It's all my phone's fault for using Tapatalk.
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by bgodette
xteejx wrote:How do you preplan a trip and ask to arrive at a certain time though? A US server thing?
Not yet implemented, but was on the roadmap of what they'd like to do. The widget sorta does this now, just no alerts, you have to query it manually, and it only works for home/work instead of general destinations.
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by BlazeTool
Kuhlkatz wrote:I personally hate this idea.
Tap and hold with your finger covering any side of 2 or 3 city blocks is about to as effective as trying to shoot a fly at 100m while just loosely aiming down the barrel of the gun, especially since you cannot move the pin that's placed.
Adding a function to use current coords at the press of a button is definitely not rocket science and is basic functionality of any other GPS.

Duangjai Samaksamarn, is that you?
http://i47.tinypic.com/2eupsub_th.jpg
BlazeTool
Send a message

Post by BlazeTool
galanwilliams wrote:Also, the "Is the policeman / broken down car / etc. still there?" comes up and disappears long before I can tell if the problem is still there... it needs to remain visible at least until the spot is reached, preferably for a couple tenths of a mile afterwards.
For me at least, the Thanks/Not There pops up at least a quarter mile before you get to the spot, stays up counting down the distance until you get to the spot of the report, and then changes to a 12 second countdown until it auto-closes (2/10 mile at 60 mph).
BlazeTool
Send a message

Post by bluepawel
Is there an option like "prefer freeway/major highways" planned in the future? This can be very helpful for wazers who can't take smaller streets, because they're traveling in truck or with heavy trailer.
bluepawel
Send a message