The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by foxitrot
"Segment list": it is not possible to sort according to the first (i.e. the leftmost) column (it actually never was, IIRC), other text columns sort correctly.

If I change the column order (using "Choose displayed columns"), again the new leftmost column does not allow to sort the list, other columns work fine.
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
...with the good old crashing :roll: Symbian 2.1.99.114 (on N-E52), while
trying to get used to the good new asocial Android 4.xx.0.yyy (on OP-X March-me-Low).

Post by fvwazing
And me too. I have used ET sporadicly in the past, to fix special cases, but all that comes down to less than 1% of my total edits. I stumbled into this thread today because I am looking for a new version of ET - to install, use for a wicked case, and uninstall. I made my first 200k edits in my first 2 years - using Cartouche, the old editor, that forced one to think about each and every click BEFORE it was clicked.I do not "crack open" complete neighborhoods but rather do the connections between the villages and leave the details to the locals to deal with. By NOT fixing the neighborhoods I take into account that Waze will not route correctly from doorstep to doorstep but rather from hood to hood - which covers probably over 90% of the distance of each drive. I do clean loose connections, complicated crossings and the like in neighborhoods and ET will not help me a bit with that.

The problem with massedits is that they do not help much in the achievement of quality in the map and that users of ET gain countrymanagerstatus within weeks - without learning how Waze works. I am sure that in the past year, with intervals between map-updates of some 6 weeks, there were some users that worked to CM-status without having seen 2 updates, and so have no estimate of the validity of their actions.
fvwazing
Send a message
Waze jezelf!
600K+ edits
AM for some 25.000 km² around Maastricht, the Netherlands
iPhone 3Gs / iOS 6.0.1

Post by fvwazing
razor2k wrote: If you do the math it comes to around 1.5 edits per every 5 seconds non stop for an hour. Seems highly unlikely unless you're a robot with a computer processor for a brain.....or using ET:smile:
Actually it is more like 1 edit per second for 5 minutes, and then 5 minutes off. I scan the area for (potential) problems, find some, take a deep breath and plunge for another 5 minutes. I take your reference to being a robot as a compliment and as an encouragement, but for now I still have to break every few minutes.

Can anyone explain me the benefits of putting a cityname on every street in a remote village, with no Wazetracks around? By enabling all roads in a village you are solving problems that do not even exist - remember, there where NO WAZETRACKS. Some day local editors will pop up and start editing. Using ET means robbing them of half the points. There is less chance that they will pick up editing. By leaving the raw basemap as it is, with all its quirks, unnecessary split roads, loose ends and whatever you burden those future local editors with more complexity then they can handle.

The current pointsystem does not discourage using ET in that bad manner and it does not encourage adding love to detail. It should be changed in such a way that you can not become CM if the only "technique" you learned is mass-editing with ET.
fvwazing
Send a message
Waze jezelf!
600K+ edits
iPhone 3Gs / iOS 6.0.1

Post by fvwazing
Could you spoil your thoughts on parts 2 and 3 of that post?
fvwazing
Send a message
Waze jezelf!
600K+ edits
iPhone 3Gs / iOS 6.0.1

Post by fvwazing
If they get that far with the help of ET and within weeks - your country is basically LOST in the long run, mate. Good luck.
fvwazing
Send a message
Waze jezelf!
600K+ edits
iPhone 3Gs / iOS 6.0.1

Post by gdu1971
GizmoGuy411 wrote:Try following the thread in the French forum further. It looks like someone fixed some things and provided another script. My French is not good enough to get a solid idea of what they are saying there, and Google Translate made it worse!

If you get it to work, please let us know.
Hi All,
This is true I've fixed some basic issues to get the script partially running but not enough to have something working.
There is some changes in the new waze WME API and I didn't find yet how to use some new features replacing old ones.
What is fixed:
- The script is correctly loaded and the editor is now displayed and usable
- The toolbar is working as well as the button on the upper tool button bar with its menu
- multiple selection in a landmark is working and the official property box is working with
- 'snap dist' 'open in' and 'segment list' features
What is not fixed:
- The powerfull property window of the script (but the new standard one seem to offer quite same functionalities now)
- The clean roundabout feature
if a member of the waze team can tell us how to replace this old code all things will work as before:

Code: Select all

currentEditDetails = new Waze.AttributeCollector().collectDetails(seg)
The AttributeCollector() object is no more available
regards,
gdu1971
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message

Post by gdu1971
Hello,
last update is located here :
http://world.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... 00#p287893
Update of patch:
- Restore Allow all drives (Wazer level 4 only)
- Better integration in toolbar
- restore of livemap broken link
- Suppress unwanted links 8-)
Known problems:
- When map is not fully loaded, The script can have unpredictible results (but no map corruption)
- Full screen feature is temporarly deactivated

Google Chrome:
I've tested on Linux and Mac, works ... sometimes :cry: =>deprecated for now
regards
gdu1971
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message

Post by gdu1971
hello,
There is still a lot of things to fix with the new waze API.
The problem you had is due to the zoom factor.
You must be shure to have a sufficient zoom level to perform batch action with this script.
regards
gdu1971
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message

Post by gdu1971
Hello All,
the new extended tools plugin is comming soon with a brand new UI and total rewrite for compatibility with new editor and Chrome....
Possibility to create their own buttons and menu to manage other scripts...
Regards,
gdu1971
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message
Attachments

Post by gerben
dave_cairns wrote:
bz2012 wrote:Aside from the things that don't work yet with the new WME, I noticed a couple of things that probably should NOT be in the Extended Tools set:

The link to Cartouche old is no longer useful and
http://www.waze.com/wiki/index.php/Map_ ... Imagery.29
make it clear that we can NOT use google maps.

The link to livemap IS useful and should be kept!
OK, so I've removed Cartouche and Google, and added OpenStreetMaps.
Please do not link to OSM either...
gerben
Send a message
Nokia Lumia 920 (WP8 3.7.6 client)
Countrymanager The Netherlands
[img]https:///EcBKq[/img][img]https:///WS6zp[/img][img]https:///Y17fx[/img]https://img69.imageshack.us/img69/35/luiconring.png