These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Adding speed limits while driving

Post by tluebke
Hi all,

I'm driving in Germany and have the following problem:

I remember that I was able to submit speed limits for sections where I am driving at the moment by tapping the icon for the driving speed in the lower left section of the app.

Unfortunately, this seems not to work anymore. I cannot say, when this changed, but tapping the driving speed shows no reaction.

This is annoying since I was driving a new route today with lots of missing speed limits. Actually, I cannot remember every existing speed limit and am afraid to enter wrong limits in the map editor.

Is this a bug or a wanted change in the app?
tluebke

POSTER_ID:17478763

Send a message

Post by asuntoauto
crusdepelos wrote:Hello all.

If you want to be able to send speed reports in a very simple way you can try to use what is explained in this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=819&t=182751

Regards
That is currently broken due to some captcha issues.
asuntoauto
Send a message

Post by FzNk
Map Issue reports with their category set for missing speed limits are currently hidden on WME because there were problems getting drivers to use them correctly. You'll need to submit reports using a different category in order to see them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
FzNk
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

NWR Assistant Regional Coordinator :: Oregon State Manager
Waze Beta Leader (Android) :: WME Beta

Post by steelpanz
This is something I noticed that was removed a couple of versions ago. There's a route I take through some very rural areas where I'm unable to report due to no connection, so it's difficult to remember to go back and check on those limits at a later time. However, as was written above, it's true yet frustrating that a few can ruin it for many. If anyone has any idea on how to improve that, please, please throw one out because it'd be very helpful to file corrections with better auditing opportunities for the volunteer community.
steelpanz
Send a message

Post by tluebke
Thank you for the detailed explanation. I can understand that this feature might be annoying when it is not used the way it was meant to be. I think I won't remember all the different speed limits I have paassed this morning, so that even, reporting a map issue won't help.

I will focus on the speed limits where I am sure they exist or are wrong.
tluebke
Send a message

Post by tluebke
Hey all,

since I noticed that on a route, I am frequently using, nearly all speed limits are missing, I wanted to add them while driving by submit map issues for every new speed limit I am passing. Actually, this worked quite nicely since it were no as much as I had thought.

But now I am unable to find my own submissions. I do see the ride where I have submitted all issues and I do see submissions from other wazers in the left panel in the map editor, but mine are not listed. Can I see them somewhere?

Thank you
tluebke
Send a message

Post by tluebke
During my last ride I tried to submit map issues. Actually, I did not know if this worked since I cannot see them in the map editor (working on finding an answer how to).
When you submit a map issue you can specify that it affects a speed limit. I don't know if you need connection or the submitted data is saved until a transfer to the server is possible. You might try it.
tluebke
Send a message

Post by tluebke
Ok, that's bad news...
It is the most convenient way for reporting since the most used speed limits are given and you don't have to type while driving. I am not willing to type since the reporting itself is already distractive.
tluebke
Send a message

Post by vince1612
All of those reports were not handled by staff but by the community of volunteer map editors, people like you and me who devote time from their family, friends, and other hobbies to help edit the Waze map.

Unfortunately this tool had become a nightmare for many of those unpaid volunteers because people would just report too many useless speeds. The most common reports we were getting were people driving on a road where the limit is 50km/h and they opened a map problem saying the limit is... 50km/h.

Nobody likes to be wasting their time, and it takes time to check thousands of reports which in the end are useless, so this function was removed so that editors could focus on real problems.
You can still report a wrong speed via the orange report button and indicate their is a map issue and specify it was about a speed limit and a volunteer map editor will help you.

As for reporting via the speedometer I don't think it's planned to come back for the time being because (as it often happens) a few people ruined it for everyone else for the reasons I explained above.
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
https://storage.googleapis.com/wazeoped ... v18.10.png
Wiki & Forum: Wiki CH (D)(FR) | Forum CH (D) (FR) (I)
1+1=3 - The result of bringing talents together goes beyond simply adding them up.
https://i.ibb.co/2k1TJHH/RIPIain.png