Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by SuperDave1426
Has this changed/broken? I'm no longer seeing a routing tab up with general and closure when I select the start and end segment.... :?:
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by SuperDave1426
Well, that figures. It's working for me now. I have no idea why it wasn't working this morning. Same setup here, using Chrome with the current version from the Chrome store.

Oh well, at least it's working now, so I guess I'm good. :)
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by SuperDave1426
Does this tool still work? And if so, how the heck to I activate it? I don't see anything in WME that looks like the image (General, Route) in the first posting, and I can't seem to find a tab that says Route Checker in it. A pointer would be much appreciated! :D
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by SuperDave1426
Oh, bloody hell. :shock: :oops: Yup, there it is. It's been so long since I've actually had to use it that I completely forgot that the Routes tab won't appear you've selected two....

Thanks, both of you!
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by SuperDave1426
Did an update to WME break this script?  I recently (I don't use it a lot, but it's nice on those occasions when I need it) tried selecting two different road segments but no "Routes" tab appeared on the left - just General, Road Closures, and Lanes.

Any ideas?

SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by SuperDave1426
If I'm signed in to WME, aren't I also signed in to the Live Map?  I mean, if I bring up the Live Map while I'm editing, it seems to know who I am, sooooo...
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by SuperDave1426
I filtered the console looking for anything with "route" in it (Firefox) and I don't see it mentioned.  I did this after clearing the console and reloading the WME page.

I got suspicious and decided to disconnect my VPN service and then try again and wouldn't you know it - the Routes tab showed up.

Lately Google has been doing stupid things that seem to cause problems for VPNs (or at least the one I use).  I'll load a page and see that it'll be waiting forever on a TLS handshake to {whatever}.gstatic.com, and a lot of websites out there references those services.  With the VPN active, hell will freeze over before that connection will complete.  If I drop the VPN, then the connection completes.  Apparently, things in WME (including this particular script, it would seem) reference certain functions over at gstatic.com, and that's messing me up.  Grumble.

And yes, I have reported this to my VPN service; the nice customer service person who replied said that their development team was aware of the problem and was working on trying to fix it.  I swear, Google just loves to change things up because they can, and they don't care what the break in the process.... :evil:

Oh well, at least I now know that this script isn't broken, so there's that. :)

SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by Szata76
Hi!
I welcome this very useful extension. I have a little problem. When I check a route where a one way segment (especially a highway separated to two one way route) affected, the destination is the other side of the selected segment.

https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=5&lat ... ,186001583
Waze-route checker_BUG.JPG
(126.01 KiB) Downloaded 23995 times
Szata76
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Editor level: 6;
Area: Magyarország / Hungary ● Corfu (GR)
facebook.com/waze.hu

Post by Szata76
The Shift + R shortcut doesn't work in WME if the RT extension is turned on. I think this is the reason.
Shift + R | Toggle [missing "en.layers.name.route_checker" translation]
Szata76
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Editor level: 6;
Area: Magyarország / Hungary ● Corfu (GR)
facebook.com/waze.hu