Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

Forum rules
The place to ask for help when editing in the UK.

Map Editing Guidelines . Join the UK Discord Server

Relaxing with Waze

Post by a2bpdq
In the forum, a lot of the daily discussions are about problems with Waze and it can all sound a bit negative. However, I expect I am not alone in really enjoying using Waze overall. I use it for every journey and it's generally a pleasure to use.

On Friday I had gone to a meeting in the countryside and on the way home I decided to relax and enjoy the ride. I turned on "avoid motorways" and set navigation to "shortest route".

I knew I was in for some fun as everyone else turned right out of the pub car park and Waze took me to the left.

I had a really great ride home and enjoyed the new route very much. I was taken down some interesting back lanes, some with mud on the road left by farm tractors, I expect. It was so relaxing, just following the instructions and exploring new roads that I had never used before.

I got home in good time and felt much more relaxed than I might have if I had used the busy motorway.

Really, thanks to Waze, it made my day.
a2bpdq
Master Raider
Master Raider

POSTER_ID:17505671

Send a message

Post by Jeebu5
You're definitely not alone - I'm a relatively light user of Waze but have found it to be a pleasure every time.

I think the days of just going for a drive for no reason are gone with the increasing cost of fuel, but putting Waze on to find a more scenic route to somewhere I frequently go seems like a very good idea. I will have to make a point of trying that this week.
Jeebu5
Send a message

Post by SparkieChris
I use Waze pretty much for every journey too. One reason is that later, under "Drives" I can see all my departure times and (by arithmetic) my arrival times, This allows me to invoice my customers more accurately.

But it is always a pleasure being offered up an unexpected route. In my locality this is of acedemic interest but slightly further afield it is great discovering new routes.

In the meantime though there's been a new reason to waze everywhere, that is so as to discover discrepancies between teh map and reality with a view to fixing them once I'm home.

Regards,
Chris
SparkieChris
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message