These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Official Feedback Thread: iOS v4.32

Post by
Release Notes:
What's New in Version iOS 4.32
Fixed some bugs so you can avoid traffic and get to your destination faster with Waze.
Previous: Official Feedback Thread: iOS v4.31

POSTER_ID:17356891

Send a message

Post by ajanowitz
I just did the update for Waze 4.32.

It does not allow the app to open, it just shuts down.

Any thoughts on how to fix it?
ajanowitz
Send a message

Post by alexbr0gan
Hi, is anyone having issues with the new iPhone X and Waze? It seems that the new screen dimensions are stretching the map as every time I approach a turn, the map suggests the turn is further along the road than it actually is. This is causing harsh breaking and missing turns at times.
alexbr0gan
Send a message

Post by bebo014cf
Waze support didn’t even help!!! :evil: :oops:

Hi Wazer,
Thanks for contacting us.

In order to fix your GPS issue, please follow the steps below:

Open your phone Settings > Privacy > Location Services and toggle the switch OFF.
With the switch toggled off, please perform a hard reset on your iPhone. To do so, hold the Home and Lock buttons until you see the Apple icon. (Note: this will not affect any of the applications or data on your phone).
Go back to phone Settings > Privacy > Location Services once again and toggle the switch ON.
If you're still experiencing issues with your GPS, please take the following steps:

Install the application GPS Status from the App Store.
Open the app and check what is written next to GPS Status.
No fix or Poor fix indicates you have a poor GPS signal, and Waze won't work.
If you keep your phone in a case, please try removing it. This oftentimes interferes with GPS signal.
If you're in a vehicle, try moving your device closer to a window.
If neither of these options improves your signal, please contact your cellular provider or a phone repair center.
Excellent fix indicates that your GPS signal is strong. Please open Waze and navigate.
If the above did not solve the issue, please log out from your Waze account by tapping Menu > Settings > Account & Login > Log out. Before doing so, make sure your email is linked to your account by tapping Menu > Settings > Account & Login > Email - this will allow you to reset your password should you need to do so.

Should the issue persist, please provide us with some relevant screenshots of it.

Best regards,

The Waze Support Team
bebo014cf
Send a message

Post by callumjp
iPhone 6 with latest version of Waze. Am I missing something?...

I turned “Ok Waze” voice activation on, having not noticed it before. Is this the same function as the ‘wave’ to report incidents? And does the wave not work any more? Apologies if I’ve missed this.

Anyway... enabling ‘listen for Ok Waze’ seems to prevent me from doing anything else with my Bluetooth in the car, such as listening to music or taking a call. It’s as though Waze is using the microphone exclusively to hear the ‘Ok Waze’ command. Now, Siri doesn’t do this and I can do other tasks whilst being able to “Hey Siri”.

I turned the feature off in Waze because it was frustrating me not even being able to listen to the radio. But I don’t want to revert the sound preference to route through the phone’s speaker.

Am I missing something?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
callumjp
Send a message

Post by calvintaZ
The directions, when horizontal switch from going across the whole screen to a box
When they are a box, the directions shift the map/route to the right so it becomes off-center. There is no re-center option because the app shifts the map and not the user.
Can this be fixed?
calvintaZ
Send a message

Post by caramadra
I'm suddenly seeing some pretty wildly inaccurate trip estimates (time and mileage). If I then select a route with bad time/mileage, both of those adjust to more realistic -- but it makes it a little hard to choose one with this data so far off .
caramadra
Send a message

Post by cfeldman05
Vehicle too low on screen. Hidden behind road name label. iPhone X.
cfeldman05
Send a message

Post by chewwwy
When the orientation of the phone is Landscape or Horizontal - the arrow is not centered on the screen. Instead it's on the (now) right side of the screen.

Previously, when the phone was inverted, the screen would rotate properly. It just stays upside down now.

iPhone X, iOS 11.1.1 (15B150), Waze iOS 4.32
chewwwy
Send a message

Post by Chuckers611
I have an iPhone 8+ and I use Waze in landscape mode. Small issue, when someone beeps me, their icon appears behind the yellow alert icon on screen. Making it impossible to see who beeped and return the beep.

Also, I drive a Hyundai Elantra and if I have the phone connected via Wi-Fi while using waze, I get no alerts through the radio. The sound blanks out while the alert plays, but the alert doesn't come through. I don't know if this is a Waze issue, and iPhone issue, or an Elantra issue. If the phone is connected via the usb connection, this is not a problem.

Thanks,
Chuck
Chuckers611
Send a message

Post by darkneoss
One or two versions back, when using voice commands the music does not stop, which causes the application does not detect the command. I've only tried it with Google Music
darkneoss
Send a message