Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Map Editor will not let me change turn restriction

Post by blissfool
I was driving a location with Waze turned on, it told me to turn left at a junction where left turn is not allowed. I was trying to update the turn restriction but when I click on the green arrow, nothing happens! Am I missing something? Do I need more privilege?

See arrow in red box below.
blissfool

POSTER_ID:1943204

Send a message
Attachments

Post by blissfool
Spil wrote:It helps to provide the "permalink to the segment that you're asking about. ;)
Ah, I was looking for something like that. :)
It's nicely hidden out of view in light grey text on lower right-hand corner. I'll probably use it now that I know it's there but perhaps it should be more visible? I think it's even worth being in left panel or as an option in the toolbar. :?
It would also be nice if the map action showed why it wasn't allowing the edit. ;)

In any case, thanks for your help and the fix!!
blissfool
Send a message

Post by eufo
Spil wrote:I've corrected this now, so you shouldn't have a problem there once this edit makes it to the LiveMap (in 2-3 weeks).
2-3 weeks? Yipes!

Is this the same for edits making their way on to the client?
eufo
Send a message
Area Manager: Broward County, FL
Apple iPhone 4S (iOS 7.1.2), Waze 3.8.1
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/5/5a/W ... M_only.png

Post by eufo
Spil wrote:To see this, click the "Live Map" link at the top of the page, then check the date just under the left side of the map. Once you see that change to a date greater than or equal to May 17, then this change will be active in your phone's Waze client.
Thanks for the info! :)
eufo
Send a message
Area Manager: Broward County, FL
Apple iPhone 4S (iOS 7.1.2), Waze 3.8.1
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/5/5a/W ... M_only.png

Post by kentsmith9
Actually for the problem you described, I think you might be trying to change the wrong arrow. With that right turn lane going one way (to the south) the arrow you highlighted would permit a near u-turn onto the white road.

Maybe you already checked the left arrow on 69th Rd above that highlight and it is not permitted so you are trying to stop the alternate route with that near u-turn. If so I assume the white road may be locked since the one you are on is not.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by Spil
It helps to provide the "permalink to the segment that you're asking about. ;)

In this case, you can't change the turn restriction because the segment of Park Dr E that I highlighted in the above link was locked by level-3 area manager mdqueenz. I've corrected this now, so you shouldn't have a problem there once this edit makes it to the LiveMap (in 2-3 weeks).
Spil
Send a message
I'm Spil, and I approve this message! :D
~ ~ AM: Upstate NY; CM: USA/Canada ~ ~
Wazing the I-86 Corridor with my Casio C771 G'zOne Commando
New York Editors: To-Do List!
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/c/c8/W ... 00k_6c.png

Post by Spil
'Fraid so, yes. Actually, it's been a bit better recently ... at the moment, the US/Canada LiveMap is updated through May 7. To see this, click the "Live Map" link at the top of the page, then check the date just under the left side of the map. Once you see that change to a date greater than or equal to May 17, then this change will be active in your phone's Waze client. (Per the latest post at status.waze.com, this should happen on Sunday, May 27 ... check the Live Map date the next day to see. :))
Spil
Send a message
I'm Spil, and I approve this message! :D
~ ~ AM: Upstate NY; CM: USA/Canada ~ ~
Wazing the I-86 Corridor with my Casio C771 G'zOne Commando
New York Editors: To-Do List!
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/c/c8/W ... 00k_6c.png