These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by jjsan
on my s5 running Resurrection Remix ROM 5.8, im not able to start application for a really long time.

i was sending logs but still no success.

Code: Select all

https://pastebin.com/WYVLL2qD
BR
jjsan
Send a message

Post by jonsterman
Upgraded again to this version to check if there is still a HUGE lag with the location of the pin of the app, and two weeks later it's still there.

The problem is that there is a delay or lag when driving. You could be approaching a turn and be at the corner but the app shows you're still about 5-10+ meters away. If you don't know the location or the streets are spaced close together, you will miss the turn thinking it was further down the road. This happens more often when you're travelling fast.

Had to downgrade to the previous version so the delay or lag is down to an acceptable level of around 3 meters. Probably won't upgrade to this new version of waze anymore. Not worth the hassle.
jonsterman
Send a message

Post by kumiankka
I tried an another navigation app just for the sake of it and noticed that it had no troubles what-so-ever playing voice instructions via car stereo over bluetooth. No missing first words and instructions were timely and accurate.

So the GPS lag/delay and buggy bluetooth connection is not a common feature of the mobile platform in general. It's definitely Waze's problem and should be fixed.

Waze is still much better at avoiding traffic though.
kumiankka
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5
Answers: 1
Send a message

Post by kumiankka
These translation strings are not in Transifex and, thus, they are not translated to any of the available languages (tested with Finnish, Swedish, Estonian and Russian): Settings / Sound & voice / Talk to waze
including menu item itself and everything on that settings page, e.g. strings like ways to launch and listen for "ok waze", etc.

(cross-posted to Localization subforum )
kumiankka
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5
Send a message

Post by kumiankka
FerrariMarco wrote:Hi all,
I am using Waze (4.33.0.1) on Android 7.1.2 (Lineage OS).

As soon as I start a freshly installed (from Play Store) Waze instance, after the initialization, the app uses more than 3GB of space.

How can I troubleshoot this issue?

Thanks
Hello and welcome to the forums!

It's probably due to a corrupted voice package. I've seen one similar report regarding Portuguese voice "Alessandra". Real storage usage is not 3 GB as it would have taken forever to download, but corrupted size information somewhere in the package.

Try this:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=242859#p1740725
crusdepelos wrote:Select another voice and then type the text "cc@tts" (without the quotes) in the search bar.
Close Waze and reopen it.
In this way Waze will clean the voice cache and download only the voice you have selected.
kumiankka
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5
Send a message

Post by mike20878
What is the purpose of adding my ezpass to waze? Wish I knew about this sooner. Kind of a major change. I was wondering why my navigation was avoiding toll roads.

My wife was driving with her mother and got an earful because waze was sending her some odd directions.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
mike20878
Send a message

Post by mike20878
RussPA wrote:
mike20878 wrote:What is the purpose of adding my ezpass to waze? Wish I knew about this sooner. Kind of a major change. I was wondering why my navigation was avoiding toll roads.

My wife was driving with her mother and got an earful because waze was sending her some odd directions.

The new EZ Pass functions were not very well advertised, if you ask me. Lots of users were caught off guard and unaware.
I figure if I want to avoid tolls I would select that option

mike20878
Send a message

Post by MikeDNC
Hi,

I have searched the forums but don't know if anyone is still currently having the issue where the "red light camera" alert happens even when the option is turned off in Settings (Display&Map --> Alerts On Route)?

I've turned this option off, but still get the red light camera alerts.
MikeDNC
Send a message

Post by MoveOverSlowDown
I love the new comment reply box design!
MoveOverSlowDown
Send a message

Post by Polipetto58
Under Settings, Navigation, cannot find the old option to choose either fastest or shortest route
Polipetto58
Send a message