Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.
Post by danohi
During Navigation when you arrive at a destination, it displays or speaks the address. Right now it just says, "arriving at destination". Doesn't help looking for a house number at night.
danohi
Send a message

Post by danorsong
I would like the ability to lock a route and to manually stop the recalculating function.

I recently drove from PA to NC and there are several dead zones in the cell service. If you happen to pull over to get gas or use the facilities, the program will reboot you from your new origin point.... which is great, unless it's in one of the dead zones. I do a lot of rural driving, to see friends, to see clients and it is very helpful to me to have a program that I can plan from the beginning of the trip, and then lock so that if I stop I can get back with out driving blind. The turn by turn did help on the secondary screen.

I have to say, I'm very new to the program and there are a ton of great aspects. I look forward to using it more.
danorsong
Send a message
Attachments

Post by davidmvia
Would like to see a way to enter navigation addresses to favorites from a web browser on my PC. Basically "pre-loading" destinations using a large screen and keyboard before I leave on a trip.

Great app!!
davidmvia
Send a message

Post by dioptrija
Ability to chose what kind of transportation is used when using waze. For example, if I use bicycle waze will not alert everybody around me about traffic jam on my route. :oops: :mrgreen:
dioptrija
Send a message

Post by dioptrija
I suppose that traffic jam is reported automatically by waze because I'm the only one using it at the time.
dioptrija
Send a message

Post by dioptrija
WeeeZer14 wrote:
dioptrija wrote:I suppose that traffic jam is reported automatically by waze because I'm the only one using it at the time.
Yes, Waze automatically generates ALL traffic jam reports. When a user reports a jam, it really just tells Waze to look closely at the situation and be ready to declare a traffic jam. A report alone will NOT create a traffic jam.

So as long as people in cars have at sometime driven on the road you are cycling on, you will create a traffic jam and pollute the historical average speeds simply by riding through.

As much as I like Waze and as much as I like my bike, I never mix the two for these reasons ;)
at least I'm not polluting environment :twisted:
OK, not using waze with bike any more 8-)
dioptrija
Send a message

Post by dmcconachie
dwendlinger wrote:A "Add here" for a new favorite would be cool too...
This would allow Waze to drive me to places that have no postal address, or to the exact place I want to drive (eg company parking, 50m away from postal address...)
Long press on that location for a contextual pop-up!
dmcconachie
Send a message
dmcconachie • Former Global Champ

UK WikiUK FB PageCurrent status

Post by egenerose
I would like to see ability to post Hazard or Police for opposite direction. This would help other Wazers out and make this app even better.
egenerose
Send a message

Post by eidauk
I'd like to see which side of the road a report flag is on. For example, I'll notice a hazard flag on waze up ahead, but I can't tell if it's for the direction I'm going or for the oncoming traffic. The simple solution would be to tilt the flags. Flags for my direction would be tilted to my side of the road and flags for the oncoming traffic would be tilted toward their side of the road.

I'd also like the ability to track with north up.

Also, a function to display gas stations based on how close they are to me.

Thanks for considering these. I love Waze.
eidauk
Send a message

Post by elkanito
I would like to ask for routes with partial destinations. It would be usefull if I want to go for 2 or 3 places, but also to "force" waze to make certain routes... (take some highway, or an alternative avenue that we know is a better option). Obviusly It would be better if we can ask the partial destinations sorted in some order.

Another big improvement, that I know would be difficult but really great, would be If Waze can remember the average speed of a road to calculates routes. If Waze already remember the average speed... It would amazing remember the average speed discrimated by days, or even better by days and hours...

I must say that is a great application that makes my live easy!!!
elkanito
Send a message