[Script] WME Image Overlays (1.4.2)

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, Glodenox, JustinS83

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] WME Image Overlays (1.3.0)

Postby Glodenox » Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:50 pm

SunDevil2213 wrote:Script appears to be broken...Once I import an image and attach it to the map, after a refresh of WME, the Image is no longer there.

Has the explanation by RichardPyne helped you? It is indeed the case that you will need to go into the tab to open up the image again. Otherwise it would become difficult to have multiple images stored, especially if some of them cover the same area.
Belgium & Luxembourg Coordinator • Script Writing Community Coordinator
[ img ][ img ]
Glodenox
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: [Script] WME Image Overlays (1.3.1)

Postby Glodenox » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:28 pm

I've just released a small update (version 1.3.1) which improves the code used to export an image. By using another API, Chrome should be able to export big images just as well as Firefox did in the past.
[ img ][ img ]
Glodenox
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby Glodenox » Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:51 pm

I didn't foresee that functionality as I assumed an image is always supposed to be positioned correctly when it gets saved and that its position doesn't change afterwards. The way the code is set up this wouldn't really easy to add, but it most certainly isn't impossible to look into it if more people want this.
[ img ][ img ]
Glodenox
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby Glodenox » Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:26 pm

Maybe I can clarify the purpose of that pencil more by adding a tooltip that says "Change name". I suppose that misunderstanding is the main reason for your question.

BtBalways wrote:If you want to start voting then I'd go for more space for the image rather than post addition adjusting.

I'm afraid I didn't fully understand that remark? Are you talking about more space on the screen while you are positioning a new image by moving the controls elsewhere? That's a known request that will probably be the next thing I change in this script (though I'm currently swamped with tons of other projects, so don't expect it any time soon).
[ img ][ img ]
Glodenox
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby Glodenox » Sun May 26, 2019 8:22 pm

I could probably provide a toggle to say "lock the top left corner" (or any other corner) which makes the resize buttons only expand to the bottom and right (in the case of the top left corner). If you click one of the buttons to move the image however, it'd still move as it would before. That is indeed a use case I've run into myself, now that I think about it.

I would still love to actually provide better controls that you can drag as that would be much more intuitive, but my experiments with those didn't work as planned, probably because I'm using a custom feature type.
[ img ][ img ]
Glodenox
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby Glodenox » Tue May 28, 2019 4:03 pm

turbomkt wrote:Or a floating panel?

That would work nicely as well, indeed. I'm not 100% certain yet how I'd implement that, but it should be possible to do that.
[ img ][ img ]
Glodenox
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby Glodenox » Fri May 31, 2019 11:18 am

turbomkt wrote:Justin uses one for RA Utility, right?

That's "just" a static window that can't be dragged around. But I guess that would be sufficient as well if I can condense the controls a bit. I'll play around with some of the ideas I've got for this.
[ img ][ img ]
Glodenox
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby Glodenox » Fri May 31, 2019 2:26 pm

JustinS83 wrote:Actually, it is draggable ;)

Weird. When I tried it before, I couldn't drag it around. It's working fine now.
My bad!
[ img ][ img ]
Glodenox
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: [Script] WME Image Overlays (1.4.0)

Postby Glodenox » Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:39 pm

I've been playing around with the location of the controls, but eventually it felt best to me to just place the controls in the sidebar. That way most of the space remains on the map and then the opacity and parent layer fields aren't positioned weirdly compared to the other image overlay attributes.

I've just released version 1.4.0 of the script which has the adjusted controls, as well as the possibility to adjust an image overlay you've saved in the past. The button that adjusted only the name in the past will now open up the "Align image" step for that image overlay.

I've also been working a bit on making it possible to lock an image to a corner instead of the centre, but that isn't ready to release yet.

[ img ]
Last edited by Glodenox on Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added a screenshot of the new layout for the controls
[ img ][ img ]
Glodenox
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: [Script] WME Image Overlays (1.4.0)

Postby Glodenox » Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:36 pm

You mean that the image disappears when you click on its name when the name is put in bold text (indicating that it is visible)? That is expected behaviour. That is how you're able to show and hide the images. It should always become visible if you click the edit button though.
[ img ][ img ]
Glodenox
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts