These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by MidwestSteve
Thanks for the info - I know, they can be deleted. Just one more thing to do. Waze is great otherwise!
MidwestSteve
Send a message

Post by RussPA
The reports come into your inbox, as far as I know there is no way to stop them. They only appear once a week, easy enough to delete.
RussPA
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 4
Send a message

Assistant Regional Coordinator - NOR
Global Champ - US
WME Beta Community Coordinator

Post by skubko
Hi guys,

when you find a way how to disable this, please update this thread. It is really annoying me...

Thanks.
skubko
skubko
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by technodriver
Hi. I'm using a Pixel 2 with the latest version of Waze available. I have changed my notification settings for Waze so that only the following are checked:
  • Major Traffic Events
    Unusual Traffic alerts
    Natural disasters
Given these settings, why do I get this notification?
Waze.JPG
Waze notification
(10.86 KiB) Downloaded 114 times
What can I do to disable this notification?
technodriver
Send a message

Post by technodriver
vince1612 wrote:You can’t disable it
Seriously? That's pretty invasive! I don't like apps using notification area for things that I don't want. I could disable all notifications from Waze but then I won't get alerts for major traffic alerts as per my settings. I'm wondering why there isn't an option for this notification given there's already settings for which notifications you want. I personally don't give a monkey about how many people I helped and I certainly don't need to know it on a weekly basis by having it shoved in my face via my notification bar.
technodriver
Send a message

Post by TheChrisK
Honestly, I don't know what all the fuss is about. I hardly ever look at my inbox in the app. The weekly summary is quite easy to just ignore.
TheChrisK
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message
TheChrisK

Country Manager: United States

Post by therealdana
Yea, this weekly summary is annoying af and i would really like to be able to eliminate it! halp! :]
therealdana
Send a message

Post by tintype
Please remove the weekly updates. They're just annoying.
tintype
Send a message

Post by tracknate
Seriously. Notifications that don't actually notify of anything simply dilute the meaning of the ones that do. Reminding me that I did something I normally do is obnoxious, and I wish there was a way to turn this off.

Worse than anything, it turns on my notification light while the phone is on the nightstand, and I've tried my hardest to make sure nothing activates that unless it's something I NEED to pay attention to.

Waze, please let me turn this off so I can make my phone do what I want it to do, thanks.
tracknate
Send a message

Post by vince1612
You can’t disable it
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
https://storage.googleapis.com/wazeoped ... v18.10.png
Wiki & Forum: Wiki CH (D)(FR) | Forum CH (D) (FR) (I)
1+1=3 - The result of bringing talents together goes beyond simply adding them up.
https://i.ibb.co/2k1TJHH/RIPIain.png