These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Waze + Foursquare + Symbian = FAIL

Post by Patrick_Rice
Hi guys.

It has taken me since the launch day, to get Waze to ACCEPT my Foursquare sign in/login, as it asks for it in the format of "Username/Password".

Whereas Foursquare itself on their website, asks for it in the format "Email address or Phone no./Password".

(Answer: on the phone, use your EMAIL address, as the USERNAME)

As if that wasn't bad enough however, after finally 'pairing' Foursquare with my Waze, every time I actually try and USE it, and go to "Report > Foursquare", all I ever get, time and time again is "parser: error"

So it's totally USELESS for me.

If any other UK users have any better joy than me, I'd love to hear it...
Patrick_Rice

POSTER_ID:185207

Send a message

Post by mauricioiwata
I've been using the Waze App + Foursquare + N95 8Gb (NAM 3) without problems, there is only one issue, the first checkin of the day always return the correct feedback message from Foursquare that repeats the location of the checkin and the amount of points collected. Every checking after that, returns the same message, with the location of the first checkin, but the location is always registered without problems in Foursquare. So I simply ignore the feedback message.

Mauricio

São Paulo - Brazil
mauricioiwata
Send a message

Post by Patrick_Rice
I beleive this to be a UK problem, hence me mentioning the location in my post.

But am not completely sure of that however.

Certainly, it is not working here, 100% of the time. It is not an intermittent issue.
Patrick_Rice
Send a message

Post by Patrick_Rice
sketch wrote:It's been working fine for me, I just got the Waze badge a couple dys ago...
What model phone you using mate?
Patrick_Rice
Send a message

Post by Patrick_Rice
sketch wrote:
shadamehr wrote:
sketch wrote:It's been working fine for me, I just got the Waze badge a couple dys ago...
iPhone 3G. There was a time when it didn't work, but they seem to have worked this out. I'm not sure when, though.

And, yeah, I was thinking it might be a country-specific problem, but Foursquare recently went global... hm.
Please don't see me as rude, to someone such as yourself, who took the good time to try and help me with a reply..

...But where does "iPhone 3G" fit into a SYMBIAN issue, and a Symbian post...?

*lol*

Saying that, I have no way of knowing if this issue is limited to Symbian ONLY, but nevertheless, my post was about a problem with the SYMBIAN specific version of Waze.

So I don't really expect there to be an issue on an iPhone.

On a light note, there you go - yet another reason for iPhone fans to view the iPhone over and above Symbian. Winks.

Cheers for your response though mate, for sure!
Patrick_Rice
Send a message

Post by Patrick_Rice
sketch wrote:Heh, sorry, I try to read every (English-language) post on these forums, and I had some 100 posts to read this time around... I guess I missed that little detail! :D

But hey, at least now we know maybe the problem isn't in the servers? ;)
Nah - your just rubbing it in that your iPhone works better than my Symbian one.

;)

*lol*

Big smiles, and all the best to you mate again!
Patrick_Rice
Send a message

Post by robin1979
Same here, it has been broken since the new 4^2 client (a couple of weeks ago), so I guess 4^2 changed their protocol or something. Can't get my 4^2 Waze badge now :(
robin1979
Send a message
MapSquadEurope
Area Manager - Europe

Post by sketch
It's been working fine for me, I just got the Waze badge a couple dys ago...
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
ALL US EDITORS READ: New USA road type guidance
the guidance linked above is now almost a decade old, but the link gives me a laugh every time i see it, so it stays (:
assistant regional coordinator • south central region • usa
waze global champ • beta leader • and more • new orleans

bye bye fuelly badge! i'm an EV guy now!

Post by sketch
shadamehr wrote:
iPhone 3G. There was a time when it didn't work, but they seem to have worked this out. I'm not sure when, though.

And, yeah, I was thinking it might be a country-specific problem, but Foursquare recently went global... hm.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
the guidance linked above is now almost a decade old, but the link gives me a laugh every time i see it, so it stays (:

Post by sketch
Heh, sorry, I try to read every (English-language) post on these forums, and I had some 100 posts to read this time around... I guess I missed that little detail! :D

But hey, at least now we know maybe the problem isn't in the servers? ;)
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message