[Script] WMEMagic

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, Glodenox, JustinS83

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] WMEMagic

Postby hariskar_ » Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:26 am

Thank you, how can we handle it? Is there a workaround to make it work till updated?
hariskar_
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby Harmonious4 » Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:53 pm

Bug: sometimes walking segments show the "segments overlapping" error even though they are not. Example
Another issue: manual lock levels override traffic locks in some countries (including Canada), but Magic doesn't take this into account when determining lock level highlighting. For instance, this segment has a manual lock level of 2, which overrides its traffic lock level of 4. Due to the mH road type, it should be locked to level 3, but Magic incorrectly thinks it's locked at 4 and doesn't highlight it.
Suggestion: don't highlight segments that are insufficiently locked if they are already locked to the user's level. If a segment is supposed to be locked at 5, but the user is level 4 and the segment is locked to 4, don't highlight it.

Some localization issues:
  • PLRs, PRs, and ramps don't need speed limits in Canada and shouldn't be highlighted as errors.
  • Intersecting segments like this are considered to be correct, they should not be highlighted as errors.
[ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ]
PM British Columbia + Ontario
Harmonious4
State Manager
State Manager

Postby Harmonious4 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:17 pm

> Magic doesn't HL if you don't have enough rank to lock it.
Then there is a bug, currently this behaviour doesn't work. For instance, I don't have the required rank to lock these segments any higher, but Magic highlights them for me anyway.

I have just unlocked all of these segments to level 2. They should be locked at 3 due to the mH road type, but Magic only highlights the ones with auto lock levels less than 3. However, the auto lock level doesn't mean anything if there is a manual lock level set. A level 2 editor could edit all of those segments, and therefore all of them should be highlighted.
I know that auto lock behaviour varies by country, so you might need to do a bit of research on this one.

I messaged our GC about the localization issues a while ago, I'll try reminding him.
Harmonious4
State Manager
State Manager

Postby Harmonious4 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:38 pm

Any update on the bugs with lock level highlighting? The script still highlights segments that I don't have enough rank to lock properly, and fails to highlight segments that need locking.
Harmonious4
State Manager
State Manager

Postby Harmonious4 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 3:09 pm

For the first PL, yes the segment should indeed be locked at 5. For a rank 5 or 6 editor it should be highlighted, but a rank 4 editor like me is not able to lock it to 5. Since it's already locked as high as I can manage, it should no longer be highlighted for me, just the same as how segments with other errors are not highlighted if they are locked above your rank.

The second segment is set to L2, so the auto level has no effect on it. The segment would only be secured by the auto(3) if there was no manual lock level set.

Although this does remind me, PLRs don't need speed limits in Canada and our GC is busy, can you change that for us?
Harmonious4
State Manager
State Manager

Postby Harmonious4 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 4:14 pm

While I agree this would be useful, it would be inconsistent. Magic doesn't highlight any other errors on segments you can't edit, and dbcm has said that the intended behaviour is to not highlight errors you can't fix, effectively acknowledging that this is a bug. Ideally there would be a checkbox to set whether to highlight errors you can't fix.
Harmonious4
State Manager
State Manager

Postby HBiede » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:40 pm

Just stopping by to say thanks. This is likely my most used script in WME. Thanks!
HBiede
State Manager
State Manager

Postby HBiede » Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:41 am

I agree with sketch. I often find the map is too monochromatic, mapping even somewhat insignificant lakes and parks adds a nice aesthetic to the screen
HBiede
State Manager
State Manager

Postby hippocampusLol » Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:33 am

Hmm, I'm getting a Microsoft JScript compilation error when attempting to load magic.bundle.user.js on a new computer:
Line: 15
Char: 1662200
Error: Expected ';'
Code: 800A03EC
hippocampusLol

Postby htahta » Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:49 pm

Counter stays on 0. it sould say 1

0} Show alternative names
https://www.waze.com/nl/editor/?lon=5.8208&lat=53.19991&zoom=6#
[ img ]
Local Champs