Waze New York Email

Post by dude495
I have been working alongside the NY leadership to help streamline the new Waze NewYork email account. As I'm sure most of you are aware, the leadership has created a statewide email account to be monitored by the SM's and A/RC's. (WazeNewYork[at]gmail.com). It is encouraged that you include this email in some fashion in the UR's you close as Not Identified or as needed. Please Include something along the lines for the user to put "Attn: YourEditorNameHere" as the email subject so they know who to get the email to. This process has been set up to automate the forwarding should you wish to use it. If you do, please make sure you fill out the form below and carefully read the instructions as follow up steps will be required to complete the process.

http://www.bit.ly/WazeNYEmail

As of right now New York is the only state using this form, however, after speaking to Orbit, the goal is to get all of NOR/NER on board. As time progresses, you may see additional states added to this form. If and when this happens you will need to re-submit your info for each additional state you wish to be included in. This process helps keep all the data separated for each state to monitor their own info and track which users have been attached to which state accounts.

This email can also be used for, but not limited to, requesting screen shots (routing issues not displayed in WME) or photos (such as new street signs etc.) from the users to better assist you in anyway needed while editing.

As an example, I had a UR the other day explaining they were being routed to downtown Albany to a business where there is none. The user claims they searched Home Depot and gave them the address of 161 Washington Ave Albany NY, when the actual address is 161 Washington Ave Ext. Albany NY. I was unable to replicate the issue they experienced and instead of just closing the UR out as Not Identified due to me being unable to replicate the issue, I asked them to send me screen shots of their routing which helped confirm there was an actual routing issue at hand. Though in this case it was a simple clear this location from your device and try again and it worked great afterwards. This will also help reducing the need to ask users to submit PUR's of new street signs while at a location they can simply take a photo when passing by and email it to us directly at another time when safe to do so.

Any questions feel free to reach out to someone from the leadership for assistance.
dude495
Coordinators
Coordinators

POSTER_ID:16885606

Send a message
Last edited by dude495 on Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dan B - Texas AM - New York SM - Pakistan Coordinator/Local Champ
Waze New York & NYC Social Media
New York Partnerships Coordinator
Pakistan Community Booster
iOS & WME ßeta Tester
Waze USA & Pakistan Mentor

https://i.ibb.co/2KztPb6/forumsig.png

Post by DrivingWithBill
Should all editors in New York be using this?
DrivingWithBill
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
-Drivingwithbill

this space intentionally left blank

Post by DrivingWithBill
should people be using other state emails addresses when editing in New York?
DrivingWithBill
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
-Drivingwithbill

Post by DrivingWithBill
agreed, but I am seeing other state emails being used in reports on Long Island
DrivingWithBill
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
-Drivingwithbill

Post by dude495
It’s up to editors discretion if they want to use it. We are not telling anyone they have to but the option is there if you wish to utilize it. You have nothing to lose but only to gain by doing so.
dude495
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
iOS & WME ßeta Tester

Post by dude495
What good would that do? If you’re editing in New York wouldn’t want another state’s info in it.
dude495
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
iOS & WME ßeta Tester

Post by dude495
Might be an editor oversight. You can send me a PM with examples if you desire.
dude495
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
iOS & WME ßeta Tester

Post by dude495
tenetienne wrote:I just created a new Google Mail account specifically for Waze. I'd rather folks see that name than my personal Google Mail address.

Just resubmit the form and I’ll make the changes accordingly.
dude495
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
iOS & WME ßeta Tester

Post by jdelosa
Thanks Dan for all your hard work on this project, which has already shown to be a Plus.

We are hoping that this will allow us to leave a contact point for many of our weekend Warriors here in the Northeast East.

Although we do realize that if the Editors name is not included in the subject line the automation does not work, for the times it is added or just spelled incorrectly, it will make the SMs job much easier.

Please feel free to post your comments or questions here.

All feedback is welcome, especially that which might lead to making things even better.

Happy Waze to you all, JD
jdelosa
PartnerCoordinator
PartnerCoordinator
Send a message

Post by tenetienne
I just created a new Google Mail account specifically for Waze. I'd rather folks see that name than my personal Google Mail address.
tenetienne
Area Manager
Area Manager
Answers: 1
Send a message