These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by raymond_MIIS
Hello. I would like to get some assistance on fixing an issue with a new device that I recently bought. I have been using the Waze application with my mobile phone and this is the first time that I am using this with another device. For reference purposes, I am providing the following information:

Device Information:
1. Device: ASUS ZenPad C 7.0 (Z170CG)
2. Operating System: Android Version 5.0.2
3. Downloaded Site: Play Store

Concerns:
1. The Waze app has been successfully installed in the device.
2. Upon opening the app, I tried typing a route and the app worked perfectly and shows the preferred route to my destination. The map shows all information regarding updated traffic on the roads.
3. My concern is that my current location could not merge with the highlighted route. The location status on my phone is turned on.
4. The words " No GPS. Showing approximate location" is shown on the top portion of the Waze app.
5. I tried installing it several times and it was the same issue.
6. I called the service support department of ASUS and they could not find a solution on their part. They have confirmed that the device has a 3G cellular data and with a GPS component.
7. They recommended I email Waze support directly to ask my concerns.

I would appreciate it if anyone could give me recommendations on how to fix it. Thanks.
raymond_MIIS
Send a message

Post by rcc777
I keep getting a No GPS message at the top. Happening since I upgraded to IOS 9.3. iPhone 6 Plus. Tried everything. Turned location services on and off. Uninstalled and installed Waze. Reset phone. New SIM card. Hard reset phone. Still nothing. Maps seems to work better though the Nav there seems off as well. Installed GPS Diagnostic, keep getting "no satellite". Anything else I should try? New phone?
rcc777
Send a message

Post by red-nax
mvinson1213 wrote:For those that have not found a fix yet. Here is the fix for iPhone that will make your GPS and Bluetooth work correctly.
This seems to be the primary fix out there. Apple doesn't even seem to know the problem (or at least they are not willing to admit the problem). There are hundreds of posts on this topic, so I wish Apple would actually step up and fix this issue. Saved me about $300-$400! Everyone one else should look at this fix being the go to.

Here is the link to the fix: https://discussions.apple.com/message/3 ... ge30217874
This is great and all but not everyone has the resources (i.e. pentalobe screwdrivers), the know-how, or manual dexterity to take apart an iPhone and replace an antenna.
red-nax
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by RenoHuskerDu
Waze 3.7.8.0, Wiko Cink Five and Peax, android 4.1.2

New user here and I love Waze for the traffic updates and radar traps, but when I started using nav I was astonished at how unreliable the GPS connection is. I don't think Waze is at fault, because Google nav was unreliable in the same manner. If you believe either Google or Waze nav, I spend a good third of my road time crushing thru the fields and forests within a mile or so of my actual route. Our phones are Wiko (Cinq 5, Peax). I suspect that it's either phone or android related. We tried putting the phones way up on the dashboard by the defroster vents but that didn't help.

Waze does sometimes screw up when it insists over and over that I go back to the indicated route instead of recalculating based on actual position, or it recalculates for so long that I lose patience and reboot. Those seem like Waze issues, not phone or android.

I sure hope help is coming soon before all my friends, to whom I have recommended Waze, start complaining to me.
RenoHuskerDu
Send a message
Last edited by RenoHuskerDu on Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alsace, France. Wiko, OnePlus One, and Motorola phones. Our Wiko phones have very poor GPS. To run Waze, avoid Wiko phones.

Post by RenoHuskerDu
AndyPoms wrote:If you're not locked to a road, Waze can't recalculate - it can only tell you to get to a road, so it can recalculate. ...
I'll buy that. Here a permalink to an area where I've seen the problem thrice in two days.
https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=0&lat ... 57&env=row

Thx//Reno
RenoHuskerDu
Send a message
Alsace, France. Wiko, OnePlus One, and Motorola phones. Our Wiko phones have very poor GPS. To run Waze, avoid Wiko phones.

Post by RenoHuskerDu
AndyPoms wrote:... Please zoom in and select the road(s) you were on before you create your permalink. That way we can look at specifics.

Also, you may want to check with other French Wazers in the Board index ‹ Community ‹ Country (Language) Forums ‹ France [Français] sub-forum.
This problem occurs everywhere I drive, so zooming in on a particular section would be of no use. No matter where I go, Waze will act up once every 5-15 minutes and get lost. During this time, GPS Status & Toolbox, which is running, has a fix on 5-9 satellites. In an area where Waze worked fine yesterday, it may act up there the next day.

I also get 'spinning map' syndrome, to coin a phrase. Driving down the freeway, Waze's map spins wildly out of control, as if it had no idea which direction I was going (but I am going 83mph in only one direction, fortunately).

I don't speak French well.
RenoHuskerDu
Send a message

Post by RenoHuskerDu
Things are MUCH better since the last Waze software update. Waze still gets lost, but only occasionally. :D
RenoHuskerDu
Send a message

Post by RenoHuskerDu
This problem was caused by crappy Wiko phones. Since upgrading to Motorola and OnePlus One phones, there is no longer any such problem.

So if you have the same symptoms, try a better phone.
RenoHuskerDu
Send a message

Post by RiverAmor666
The issue started after I updated to ios 10 up to ios 10.2.1. After checking sooooo many forums and trying all solutions for about a month, even going up to doing a complete restore and setting my iphone6 as a new device, Waze still doesn't work! It detects the route from where I am to the destination I selected, and even the estimated time, however, the 'NO GPS showing approximate location' stays and Waze is of course unable to detect my car's movement.

Just decided to play around with my phone's settings again... And finally... Waze finally worked again.

Solution: TURN OFF LTE!!!
* Settings
* Cellular
* Cellular Data Options
* DISABLE LTE!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
RiverAmor666
Send a message

Post by rj_mckenzie
daknife wrote:Not sure about all the folks having problems with their new IPhones, but on my Galaxy S I ended up buying a bluetooth GPS antenna, and use it almost exclusively because the weak GPS receiver is a known weakness in the GS devices.
What GPS did you buy? And how easy was it for Waze to recognize it? I have a Galaxy Nexus and I live in a heavy urban area and the GPS goes all over the place at times. I was looking at the Garmin GLO for a external bluetooth GPS and that it uses both the American and the Russian GPS systems. That should increase accuracy using more satellites.
rj_mckenzie
Send a message