Coordinator: JoeRodriguez12 & ARC: ldriveskier | GizmoGuy411
------------------------------------------------------------

Blocked from reporting

Post by Damadman
Im new to this Blocked from reporting message status.

Im puzzled as to how this works. I guess I am in the penalty box for 24 hours. I am penalized due to excessive report, your privileges were temporarily disabled.

Its not my fault im always on the road. I work for a 12 work shift delivery service and am an uber driver, avg about 90 miles a day on my car.. so of course im going to spike up reports. I pass by many Gas stations.

We also are in the middle of dead winter in Illinois so yes Im an early bird pre-dawn driver the first to report cars on shoulders or police activities most of the time within minutes or seconds.

Will wait it out but its going to happen again and am afraid I will get second flag and third. Is this even legit?
Damadman

POSTER_ID:17146245

Send a message

Post by bauzer714
I think being patient is your best bet. Moving forward I would recommend you do your best to evaluate the need for each report before sending. Think of it in 15 minutes as well. Is the report in this location relevant?

Car safely on the shoulder with no one near, don't report. No safety issue.

Police moving in the opposite directions, but driving, don't report.

Many might disagree, but just my thoughts.
bauzer714
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by bauzer714
I don't think you should take it personally. I would speculate that they did not specifically target you. Most likely just exceeded a system threshold.

It's great that you want to help others and make the app great. The other side of the possibilities would be imagine driving every day to work/school and having to say "not present" to 10/20/30 alerts. You'd probably just stop using the app as well. The threshold potentially saves that situation.

I hope you stick it out and perhaps become an editor to make your area even better.
bauzer714
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by Bigbear3764
If it is a block from road reports, that comes from Waze.

If it is a block for dropping Update Requests, then you know where you went wrong.

There was only one I requested from this area to be blocked.
Bigbear3764
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by Damadman
My rank is now 0...thank GOD i didnt lose any score points as I am up in the 650k range after 3 years of waze.
Damadman
Send a message

Post by Damadman
Ok I am out of the penalty box. I have my rank and score back. What caused this?
My Waze application had a glitch in which a long laundry list of GAS stations were displayed up to a 20 mile radius. So i clicked all for the points too often.

I then went out of the USA country for 2 weeks, I tried Waze app there, the rank was back to 0 and my status was a newbie instead of royalty. So in order to report or display GAS stations i had to have logged 100 miles. This did not happen, but when I came back to the USA. All my points and rank were back to normal...however....the laundry list of GAS stations is no longer displayed...so it is back to a normal WAZE with only local GAS stations within a couple of blocks.

So i asked my limo driver who is also a heavy WAZE user...his still displays a laundry list of GAS stations ..i call it the GAS station glitch as it displays at least 15 GAS stations up to 10 or mile radius. Miss the glitch! I think the switching of countries fixed it back to normal.
Damadman
Send a message
Last edited by Damadman on Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post by Damadman
OK..found this forum...known issue:

Title: Fuel price update behaviour change
Damadman
Send a message

Post by ehepner1977
New Zealand has a section in the forums, there you can find information on who your country coordinator is.
ehepner1977
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 4
Send a message

Post by ehepner1977
Damadman wrote:Ok I am out of the penalty box. I have my rank and score back. What caused this?
My Waze application had a glitch in which a long laundry list of GAS stations were displayed up to a 20 mile radius. So i clicked all for the points too often.

I then went out of the USA country for 2 weeks, I tried Waze app there, the rank was back to 0 and my status was a newbie instead of royalty. So in order to report or display GAS stations i had to have logged 100 miles. This did not but when I came back to the USA. All my points and rank were back to normal...however....the laundry list of GAS stations is no longer displayed...so it is back to a normal WAZE with only local GAS stations within a couple of blocks.

So i asked my limo driver who is also a heavy WAZE user...his still displays a laundry list of GAS stations ..i call it the GAS station glitch as it displays at least 15 GAS stations up to 10 or mile radius. Miss the glitch! I think the switching of countries fixed it back to normal. =(
Rank and score are dependent on the state you are in for the majority of the time. The score does carry over if you end up in a different state, or Canada, but if you leave the country, you end up in a different user pool. The scoreboard is usually a day or so behind, so that's what caused that issue.

The gas station list is a bug, and it's actively being worked on. Expect some progress soon, but in the meantime, please only report gas stations that you are near. This should prevent future blocking if it was an automatic block.
ehepner1977
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 4
Send a message

Post by geoff_nz
Hi, it appears I've been blocked, for whatever reason I do not understand. If I had been over reporting how do I get unblocked?

Seems, from previous posts no one gets back to you about unblocking(?).
oh well. hello google maps?
geoff_nz
Send a message
Last edited by geoff_nz on Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.