Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by Philistine11
RichardPyne wrote:I see the same thing, now all I need to do is figure out how to find it again.
You can find it on https://console.cloud.google.com/apis/credentials. If you have more than one project (i.e. other than for GIS Buttons), you can select the project at the top of the page.
Philistine11
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by Philistine11
In hindsight, I realize why this is happening. I unintentionally changed the capitalization of the localStorage key. At least it explains why it's happening, but it definitely could have been avoided. Sorry about that everyone.
Philistine11
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by Philistine11
n4dog wrote:I cant get it to take my key anymore :(
If you want to message me on Discord (@Philistine11 in the Waze Global server) or Telegram, I can help you troubleshoot. Much easier than this forum.
Philistine11
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by Philistine11
RichardPyne wrote:Canyon County, Idaho, GIS Interactive Map
https://maps.canyonco.org/arcgisportal/ ... 136aba0ee5
The individual state sheets with the GIS links are normally handled by local editors, such as SMs or others (in this case SkyviewGuru and AlanOfTheBerg), but I went ahead and changed it.
Philistine11
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by Philistine11
turbomkt wrote:I think GIS Buttons may be reaching the end. My Google Cloud Platform Free Tier trial has ended. It appears to be the 12 months based on Philistine11 posted on 9/20 about updating.
Philistine11 wrote:I just published an update that requires an individual API key, and I included instructions on the Greasyfork page on how to get that key.
Has anyone set up billing to get an idea of the actual cost?
You get up to $200 credit every month for Google Maps queries like this, so it's very unlikely that you would ever actually pay anything. That's equivalent to about 40K location lookups: https://cloud.google.com/maps-platform/pricing/sheet/ (scroll down to geocoding).
Philistine11
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by Philistine11
G_W1Z wrote:I ended up being charged last month. What are my options, disabling the script when not in use?
That is extremely high and very surprising if it's actually related to this script. That's equivalent to about 53K map moves. You would have to be moving the map every 30 seconds for over 14 hours every day of the month to reach that. Can you go check your actual usage to see how many API calls were made? Go to https://console.cloud.google.com/google ... s/overview and see how many requests were made during your billing cycle.
Philistine11
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by Philistine11
G_W1Z wrote: My total usage for the last 30 days was 48,388 requests. I took part in a USA map raid and edit a lot overall.
Well that's remarkable. I didn't realize anyone could make that many requests in a month. I would suggest turning off the script (you can just click the power button to the left of the buttons) if you're planning on doing extreme amounts of editing in a short period of time like that. Alternately, you can set a warning for your Google payments account when the amount exceeds $0 (or any other amount).
Philistine11
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by Philistine11
ramblinwreck_81 wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 6:02 pm Recently, the county button has been grayed out for a county that is loaded into the spreadsheet. I checked the link in the spreadsheet for the county in question and it's a valid link. (Oconee County, Georgia USA)

Has this been reported before or is there a solution?

Thanks.

Sorry I didn't see this earlier. The problem was that the spreadsheet had a typo in the county name (Ooconee instead of Oconee). I fixed the sheet.

Philistine11
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by Philistine11
wxw777 wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 5:11 pm Is anyone trying to use this script outside the US? If not, is there any reason why it could not be converted to use the US Census TIGER REST API  to get city, county, state info instead of the Google API (like the USGB script for instance)? That would simplify setup for users and reduce the "charge anxiety" if they go over the free limit. Just a thought.

Edit: Also GIS-Layers script uses TIGER data

It is used outside the U.S., but I just pushed out an update to support the U.S. Census location data, and the script will now work in the U.S. without providing an API key. However, the script will still accept a Google Maps API key to be used either when Census data is not available (such as outside the U.S. or when TIGER is down), or always, depending on user preference.

Philistine11
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by ramblinwreck_81
Love the script. Noticed it isn't working for me today. I'm using Chrome. Version 56.0.2924.87 (64-bit)

Updated WME GIS to most up to date version. (haven't edited in about a week but it was working last time I edited).

thanks
ramblinwreck_81
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Answers: 2
Send a message