The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by jasonh300
FreeMan12 wrote:I see a definite benefit to this suggestion - I'm going through an area that I know to be all 2-way, county roads with no restrictions at any of the 4-way stops. However, I have to click each and every road segment or junction to see what turns are allowed and what aren't. With jimerb's suggestion, I could just look for the color(s) indicating some or none are allowed, and fix those, ignoring the ones that are already all allowed.
Shift-A is a toggle. It toggles between just showing the turn allowances/restrictions from a segment to showing all restricted turns.

If you want to clear turn restrictions in a situation like you described, hit Shift-A again and you'll see red arrows at every junction with restricted turns. Then you can go through and click on each junction and hit QW to remove the restrictions.

Hitting S refreshes the display of the red arrows.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
cristianfraser wrote:It's really annoying when you press an update request on the map for editing, it sometimes takes you a totally different part of the map miles away... it should simply zoom in where the bubble is :roll:
Wow. I thought we were done with this one. Is there an example of this still open? If so, you should forward the permalink to support (and post it here so we can gawk).
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
jondrush wrote:Can you make the city names float, like the AM names did in the old editor? Sometimes you need to zoom way out just to find the center of the city you are working on. It would make checking my work a lot faster if I could always see what city was shown in the window at any zoom level.
The current city displays in the black bar across the top of the editor window if you're over a designated city on the map screen.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
This is not something I see often at all, and I've got 3400 URs on the dashboard. Please post some links.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
CBenson wrote:
jasonh300 wrote:This is not something I see often at all, and I've got 3400 URs on the dashboard. Please post some links.
Here is one that isn't taking you to some unrelated area, but when it zooms, you really have no idea why it chooses to zoom at this particular location.
https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=5&lat ... TTTTTTTTFT
Very unusual. I've seen maybe one or two that were that bad. I know exactly *why* it zooms out to that point...it's the exact center between the User Drive and the UR pin.

I suspect the reason this happened is that the user started to send the report in one spot, but didn't actually send it until much later. It dropped the pin where the ! was pushed, but showed the User Drive where the Send was pushed (maybe).

I'd forward it to support. I don't know if they're following this thread anymore.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
DarkTranquility wrote:Hi,

the shortcut Shift-A to show the "red arrows" is a really usefull feature.

But in some situations you have to check every road connected to the junction. Here an example:
https://world.waze.com/editor/?zoom=6&l ... s=70117449

In this view you can't see if https://world.waze.com/editor/?zoom=6&l ... s=70116735 has a red arrow at the same junction so you have to check the road, too.

Would it be possible to implement the following feature?

If you press Shift-A the red arrows occur. If you do a mouseover over an red arrow all roads connected with this junction and contain a red arrow at this junction will be "highlighted".

So debugging of wrong turns would be more easier.

I hope I could explain what I mean...
If you hit S, it spreads the arrows out so you can see the ones that are hiding.

S also refreshes all of the visible arrows on the screen, so I make a habit of hitting it after every turn restriction change.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonm128
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:Am I really the only one who cannot access WME at all in Chrome/Win7? This is really odd. :?
Working fine for me with Chrome and Win 7 64-bit.
jasonm128
Send a message
Area Manager : NW Suburbs of Boston, MA
HTC Droid DNA - Android 4.4.2 - Verizon
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/5/5a/W ... M_only.png

Post by jeffd2010
Just used it to update map and add my road in Safari without any issues. :mrgreen:
jeffd2010
Send a message

Post by jimondaroad
At each intersection there is a little blue dot to select the intersection.

It would be very helpful if these dots were different colors depending on whether or not all junctions were allowed.

For example
  • All junctions are allowed -- Intersection dot is Green
  • Some junctions are allowed -- Intersection dot is Blue
  • No junctions are allowed -- Intersection dot is Red
Simple but would save a TON of time instead of clicking around the map checking each intersection when bad routing is being investigated.

Happy Wazing...
jimondaroad
Send a message

Post by jimondaroad
jasonh300 wrote:Shift-A is a toggle. It toggles between just showing the turn allowances/restrictions from a segment to showing all restricted turns.

If you want to clear turn restrictions in a situation like you described, hit Shift-A again and you'll see red arrows at every junction with restricted turns. Then you can go through and click on each junction and hit QW to remove the restrictions.

Hitting S refreshes the display of the red arrows.

This is very helpful. Thanks.

It would be cool if some of the red arrows had a little lock on them to show that the road is locked so I don't wasted time trying to unlock it.
jimondaroad
Send a message